Image Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

Mom's Visit to Florida


My mom came to Florida for a week.  Just because she loves us so much ;)  I feel very fortunate that this was Mom's fourth trip down south!  {{She came for a week last June (with my Aunt Janet and cousin Melissa), for a very long weekend in August (by herself), and again at the end of April with my dad and brother.  I definitely realize I'm lucky that she's visited this much.  (And she'll be back in August for Nick's winging!)}}

Mom arrived Wednesday evening and for two days, I had her to myself.  Sure, Nick was here, but when he's here, he's not really here.  We ventured to the beach both days and it was so nice to just sit and talk with her.  Just the two of us.  My mom truly is my best friend.


You can barely see him because he's off in the distance, but that's Nick flying over us!!!!  We came right down the beach while we were sitting there!  I love seeing him flying and doing what he loves to do ;)

Friday evening, Leah joined us for the remainder of Mom's trip.  Saturday we all ventured to Mobile, Alabama to tour the USS Alabama battleship and the USS Drum submarine.  Nick was actually able to join us for this as well!  (Although when we got home, he went straight to studying again.)



I made Nick reenact the Titanic scene on the front of the ship.  He clearly was not as into it as I was lol.




Sunday we headed to Destin.  We spent the rainy morning shopping at the outlets and then the rest of the afternoon at the beach.  It was mine and Nick's (and my sister and Mom's) first trip to Destin and I'd say it was a success!



Nick is not a beach fan (sucks that he married me).  He doesn't like sun/heat, sand, and sunscreen lol




There's really not too much else to say.  We really just spend our days on the beach, drinking bushwackers of course.  Our nights were spent cooking, drinking wine, and relaxing at home.  (Although two nights we did join the Robida's out for dinner to Nick's new favorite pizza place, Ozones, and all our favorite Mexican place, Cactus Flower.)

Mom left on Wednesday and while I was sad to see her go, I am relieved to know I will see her again in less than a month when I head home for two full weeks.  I am so incredibly thankful that my mother has made it out here so much.  It's definitely made being away from home so much easier.  I just hope when we PCS that she'll still be able to visit as much.

To view ALL of the photos (let's be real, you know there's lots more) visit my SmugMug Page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment