Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap: Alamaba-Living


Yep, Alabama-living.  Obviously being away from Pensacola left me missing some good ol' redneck lifestyle so I decided I needed to give in and come to Alabama.

Okay, that's a lie.  But I'm sure you knew that.  I am, however, living in Alabama right now.  Nick and I are currently homeless.  We can't move into our house until the middle of October (just another glamorous aspect of the military life...not having enough time between PCSes {permanent change of station...aka relocation} to find a place available when you need it).  We spent the first week in Jacksonville living with our friends Matt and Jenny.  Except, it was really just Matt because Jenny was traveling on business.  Nick left for SERE last Saturday (an update on that once he's back...for his safety of course) and would be gone for two weeks.
I decided I'd come stay with my sister for those two weeks.  (While I love Matt, it might be a little odd just us two living together with Jenny still gone.  And he works and studies so I'd be bored alllll day long and again all night.  Plus I don't think Matt would care to drink massive amounts of wine while crafting and watching HGTV.)  Leah's nannying job just ended so it actually works out perfectly that we both suck have nothing to do all day and night.


So this weekend recap is more of a week recap since I've been here for a week.  But since everyone loves pictures more than just text, we shall recap in pictures!

One of the best things about being at Leah's (and having Nick gone) is I get to have lots of puppy snuggles!  We don't allow our dogs in the bed with us so sleeping with them is a treat {We allow it if the guest's house allows it}  Anyway, this is possibly even more so a treat for me than them!  I soak up all the Yadi-snuggles I can because she usually isn't a cuddler.  But when you get in a bed, she's all over it!  (In that last picture, she has her protective hand on my hip.  Seriously, this pup is on high-alert, must-protect-mom mode whenever Nick is not around.)

And more puppy snuggling.  The girls love having their cousins to snuggle with as well.
 I'm sure Vino isn't happy I captured this photo, but she's usually just so adorable that I had to snap this rare creep-tastic photo of her!
{Aren't you all jealous of that fabulous comforter?!  I mean, my sister paid top dollar for that!!!  jay slash kay.  It's atrocious!  But it's the "dog comforter".  I think all dog parents have those comforters and blankets that get brought out for the pups.  This fancy comforter is just that.}
Let me also note that one of the most frustrating things in the world is a dead weight dog.  I get up to use the restroom and come back to a 100 pound Weim in my spot.  Except, a 100 pound dead weight dog really feels like a 300 pound boulder.  Now, I might be small, but I'm not weak (lifting is paying off).  I carried massive dressers just a week ago, with absolutely no problem (my husband was actually quite impressed).  But this dog?  Holy eff!!  I could not pick her up and move her!  I'm going to use the odd shape of her body as my excuse.  Let's just hope there is never an emergency when Nick is gone in which I need to haul her ass to the car.  After a few failed attempts to lift and move her, I grabbed her legs and drug her across the bed to my desired position.  And thus producing quite a death stare.  She paid me back but repositioning herself, ass in my face, and then proceeded to let out the most disgusting fart ever.  Touche, Weim.  You win.  Sleep wherever the crap you want.



Our days have been spent making and/or consuming delicious foods.  Of course our day of shopping (really just me gathering ideas for the new house) had to include lunch at St. Louis Bread Co (just accept that I will never call it Panera).
That day also consisted of a trip to Gigi's Cupcakes (pumpkin white chocolate was my cupcake of choice and it did not disappoint.)
Kyle text saying he wanted some McDonalds on our way home.  It's hard for me to go there and not get food.  It's so disgusting and bad for you, but I'll admit I'm a sucker for their fries (dipped in sweet and sour of course), chicken nuggets, and fountain Dr. Pepper {however I was good and opted out of the soda).  But I only wanted a little.  And you're never too old for a Happy Meal!!!  {Can I just say how happy I am that they brought back the old school Happy Meal boxes?  I was hating those dumb bags.}
And because it's fall, I decided to bake some pumpkin goodness.  Being obsessed with chocolate, it needed to be included, thus the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, that I was FINALLY (after 2 falls) able to get to be just right!!!



I've been spending a lot of time outside on the patio, drinking my coffee (out of my new Starbuck's 'You Are Here Collection'.  I cannot wait to get my St. Louis mug!).  
Of course, you can't go outside without all the pups following you.  But it's okay, because watching them romp around the yard is entertaining.
Leah and I had a crafting day, which is typical of us.  And in Vino fashion, she had to be all up in the mess.  {blog post coming soon on my Halloween wreath}
My nights are spent drinking wine (which I'm sure didn't need to be mentioned since you all could have assumed that) while watching HGTV and catching up on all my blogs.  (and yes, I'm drinking out of a regular glass.  I was just too lazy to take the extra steps around the table to get the wine glasses down.)




Mom went to visit Ben (brother) for the weekend so naturally we all FaceTimed.  Thank goodness for technology.
I noticed this weekend that my hair is getting redder and redder (hashtag no filter).  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I'm trying to decide if I want to dye it.  I do need a haircut (just a trim) so maybe I'll just dye it while I'm at it.  It's been at least 8 weeks since my last dye job.  But then again, I'm frugal.  So maybe the red will just have to stay around...unless it keeps getting more red.  Then I'll have to fix that shiz.
Evenings have also been spent watching our beloved Cardinals and this night, we celebrated the Cardinals winning the NL Central!  Damn it feels good to be a Cardinals fan.  (maybe the red hair is good luck??  Hmmm....I think maybe I shall keep it for Red October!!!)



One of the best things about being here is the insane amounts of exercise the pups gets.  Yadi and Vino absolutely love their cousins and the four wear each other out.  It's great!!!!  Vino and Rogue are the perfectly playmates.  Vino loves to lay on the ground and have another dog wrestle on top of her and Rogue gladly accepts this position.  They play rough but as long as it produces the bottom photo, I don't care one bit!!!  Tired pups=happy mama


And there you have it.  In a nutshell, my week (and weekend) has consisted of shopping, eating, baking, cooking, doggie snuggles, wine, Cardinals, crafts, patio sitting, and more doggie goodness.  Not really all that eventful, but it's been relaxing, which is exactly what I've needed after this and this and this and most definitely this!  Life has finally slowed down a bit (at least for the next two weeks) and I needed a good weekend away with family.  Being here is also a really good distraction from SERE.  I try not to think about what Nick is currently going through so being here keeps my mind occupied.  Thankfully I still get another week here with my sister and BIL.  ...unless they get sick of me and kick me out.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing time but I'll be you'll be glad to get moved into your own place and settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just can't wait to get in my house. I LOVE the friends we're staying with, but it'll be nice to have ALL my stuff accessible. I LOATHE living out of a suitcase lol

      Delete
  2. you have the cutest dog!!! seriously! i bet he would get along well with my hugo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My pups are a handful but we love them! And when I was looking at your blog, I thought the same thing "I think our pups would get along quite nicely!" My Weim loves to run and play ball and the Vizsla loves to wrestle and have other dogs chase her and tackle her (weird...but she loves to be on bottom ...{that's what she said???}
      Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete