Image Map

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year's Eve 2015

Happy 2015!!!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve.  I know I sure did!
 I know, I know, you're dying to know what I did that made it so wonderful.  Luckily for you, this blog is my online journal so I'm going to tell you!  
Are you ready?  Are you really ready?  Because I'm not sure you're going to be able to handle my NYE plans.



We did jack shit!  (Where on earth did this phrase come from??).
Okay, so that's a lie.  We didn't do nothing but we stayed in.  My 21 year old self is hanging her head in disappointment.  And I don't even care.  In my early 20's, I wouldn't have dared stay in for NYE.  My friends and I were those people who would drop $60+ to get into a club and drink the night away to not even remember ringing in the new year.  (Don't judge me, only three drinks got me pretty drunk.  I was and always will be a light-weight).

But those days are far passed me.  We didn't stay in because we had nothing better to do.  That's what I wanted to do.  We didn't even ask any of our friends what their plans were.  I just wanted to sit at home in my jammies and ring in the new year with my (lame) non-alocholic beverage, my (sick) cute husband, my pups, and this little wiggly baby in my belly.
(Disclaimer: I don't want always want to stay in on NYE.  That's just what I preferred to do this year.)

We weren't completely lame though.  We did go out to dinner (the above pictures were taken just before going out), which was delicious, but I also forgot that my already smaller than average stomach (thanks cancer) is even smaller now (thanks baby), so I only ate about 1/5 of my meal :(  And then I had to sit there and watch Nick drink his delicious alcoholic beverage and eat his meal for the next 25 minutes.  Torture.

Then it was home to bum around.  As you can see below.



That picture above on the right?  Yep, total accident but it makes me giggle.  And makes me wish my cheeks weren't so freaking fat and my face was thinner (Have I mentioned that I think my already chubby face is getting more chubby with this pregnancy.  Barf!  And it's littered with acne.  Double barf!  Thank goodness for makeup!  The wives tale that girls steal your beauty?  Big fat bullshit!  I'm having a boy and he's definitely inflicted my body with the ugly.)

We got home, changed into our jammies (poor Nick was miserably sick), sat our butts on the couch, put Frozen in the Bluray (Nick has been wanting to watch that again for some reason), and played 'War'.  As in the card game.  Nick hadn't played in so long that he forgot how to play.  How you forget such a complex game like war (note the sarcasm) is beyond me.  But after an hour, we gave up.  It was never ending, he was getting frustrated and I was getting anxious.  So then we just watched the movie and awaited 11:30pm when we turned it off to watch the festivities in New York, which sucked by the way.  But I also think we were watching the crappiest of the televised live shows so that's our fault.

Then it was countdown time!!!  No better way than to start the year than kissing my sweet husband!
(I'm pretty sure this is the moment I got sick).

 Cheers!!!  I'm sorry, Sparkling Mango-Something is not as good as normal champagne.  But I'm not ballsy enough to risk the real stuff even though so many say one glass here and there is okay.

So here's to the new year!  We sat there talking a little bit about what this year has in store for us, which ultimately is going to revolve around preparing for our sweet baby boy's arrival and then attempting to be the best parents we can be and loving all over him!!!

And then we were in bed by 12:30am.  And it was perfect!
(and we slept until 10:30am the next day and it was even more perfect!)

So HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  (you know, 6 days late)





5 comments:

  1. we totally stayed in too but we did so with our best couple friends! we all went to the grocery store together, bought amazing food for dinner/snacks/brunch and then cooked a feast! we played cards against humanity (hilarious and perverse) and it was a great night! i never thought my 21 year old self would say 'it was a great night!' to that either but it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! & hush, you look great! I was all curled up in bed, and some of my friends from work convinced me to going to our local hangout & grabbing drinks, I'm so glad I did too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha i haven't celebrated new years since 1999 when everyone thought the world was going to end as soon as all systems turned 2000. it was a Y2K/apocalypse party LOL.

    i fell asleep at 930am (my usual time) and woke up at 515am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally lame and stayed in, I just wasn't feeling it. I think it is hilarious that Nick wanted to watch Frozen. I have yet to see it. War is a never ending game, I don't blame you for ending it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one who thought the NY festivities sucked this year. I'm glad I am in good company!

    ReplyDelete