Image Map

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Week 18


Look who is finally posting her pregnancy update during the correct week!  This girl!!  I'm currently in my 18th week AND you're getting the 18th week update.  Crazy!  But don't get used to it.



How far along?  18 weeks

Baby size?  The size of a sweet potato, measuring around 5.6 inches long and weighing about 6.7 ounces.

Baby progress?  

Weight gain?  Nothing more since last week, so a total of 3 this pregnancy.

Stretch marks?  Nope!  

Sleep?  Sleep is still great!

Symptoms?
Morning sickness?  18 weeks strong without it!
Food aversions?  None.
Urination? At least every 1.5 hours
Acid reflux?  Bad but not worse than last week.  
Fatigue?  Majorly.  But we've since found out it's not normal.  I had been ignoring it because I made the mistake of taking to social media and asking others and everyone assured me it was normal.  I went to see my oncologist while home for the holidays and learned my heart rate is high and my blood pressure is really low.  Again, everyone on social media said it's normal and I'll get used to it.  I'll write a different post about my symptoms soon, but after seeing my OB upon my return to Florida, she told me never to ask social media again; people think because they've had a baby and experienced something, everyone's situation is the same and they're experts.  What I'm experiencing is absolutely not normal and thus I have an appointment with a cardiologist :(  So until then, very minimal activity and lots of resting on the couch and bed.  
Disclaimer: I know that almost everyone who offered advice did so with concern and the best of intentions. However, there were some that wrote me novels that I was overacting and that I shouldn't call my doctor with every little symptom because when something major comes up, they'll blow me off. The majority of my social media friends simply offered their own experience, something I myself would have done. And only a few told me not to contact me doctor. To those of you that shared your experience and offered advice based on that, I thank you. Because you did ease my mind. The negative nancy peeps, well they're a different story!
Pregnancy brain?  I can't talk.  Nothing I say makes sense.  I pause in the middle of each sentence trying to think of what word I'm trying to say.  "Do you want to go to the....umm...what's the place that sells food?"  "Grocery store?"  "Yes!  Do you want to go to the grocery store?"
Emotional:   Yep.   Anything on tv or the radio makes me cry and I get mad very easily.  Poor Nick
Itchy skin:  Still the legs. 


Cravings?  Still the same:  corn dogs, wings, pizza, and fries plus now add in Krispy Kreme.  It's my first sweets craving.

Movement?  Still not sure.  I think so, but it's not strong enough or frequent enough for me to be certain.

Workouts & Activity?  Obviously not until I see a cardiologist and get things under control.  I got a prenatal yoga dvd for Christmas and I'm dying to use it!!

Others?  

How are you feeling?  Still frustrated with this heart issue.  But overall, I feel great!

Best moment this week?  A woman at the store could tell I was pregnant. So I'm happy my belly is getting fuller and I don't appear to just be a thin girl with some belly pudge.

Worst moment this week?  Being told I can't do anything but rest.  That doesn't work well for someone like me.

What do you miss?  Being thin.  Hey, I'm just being honest.  Don't get me wrong, I love looking at my bump and knowing it's because I have a life, my son, growing inside of me.  But I'm also sad that I'm not old thin and active self.

Things that suck?  Going out to eat and only being able to eat 1/3 of my meal because my already smaller than average tummy is now smaller because it's squished.   I mean, left overs are great most of the time but there are just some things that don't reheat well or don't taste nearly as good as they do fresh from the kitchen!

Things that don't suck?   Nick kissing my belly and saying goodbye or hello to Baby Obie when he comes home or leaves for the day.
Finally getting a Roomba.  I've been wanting one for a while and Nick didn't think we needed one yet.  I then told him how as I get bigger and when the baby comes, he'll be taking over a lot of the vacuuming so if we get a Roomba, he won't have to.  (could be true).  So on Black Friday, we bought one but waited until Christmas to open it.  Let me just say, sitting on the couch while a robot vacuums for you does NOT suck!  I don't even feel guilty for playing the pregnancy card!






2 comments:

  1. I'm not pregnant but I've learned not to ask questions either on social media about all different stuff because it'll just start a fight or make me worry. Doesn't mean I won't google it behind closed doors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The social media thing can be so annoying with some who are know it all's. Glad you went to the doctor and are going to get some answers.

    ReplyDelete