Image Map

Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Recap: Friends, Dogs, Date Night, Furniture, and Baby Moving!

Happy Tuesday!!!!  Today is my Monday, but also my Thursday because I had yesterday off work for MLK Day and tomorrow is my last day of work for the week.  Holla!!!  (Do people still say that???)

I'm here today to give you one of those weekend recaps, but this is going to be a photo heavy post.  People really only care about photos anyway, right?  So let's jump right in to this random, pointless blog post!

Friday evening started off great as my husband walked in the door holding this box of donuts.  Let me tell you, this man knows his pregnant wife well!  Husband award right here for not only thinking of me, but for getting Dunkin even though he prefers Krispy Kreme.  (I prefer KK glazed, but Dunkin iced donuts.  And as you can see, I couldn't hold off on eating one before snapping a photo.
Then Nick made dinner while I sat on my tush and watched.  He even did the dishes as he went along which he normally doesn't do!!!  It was a great and relaxing Friday for me for sure!!!



Saturday morning, we lounged around awaiting our new furniture.  We ordered a new couch for the living room.  We also ordered a china cabinet and hutch but we're not using it for china.  We're using it as our bar.  Call us lushes, but it is what it is.  We have far more barware than we know what to do with and we have an abundance of liquor.  On Black Friday we got an awesome deal on the two pieces of furniture so we jumped on it and had to wait what seemed like forever to get them in!
That is the before and after.  Let me also let you know that Nick set up this entire bar.  I will be making it look much more attractive and appealing.  But I didn't want to leave you hanging without a photo.  So you get's Nick's set up.  We'll call this the before and trial photo.  Stay tuned for the final after photo.

Likewise, this was our living room as awaited the new couch.  I couldn't help Nick move the couches this go around so they sat here until a friend came over to help move them upstairs to the loft.  We love the new couch! (it's not positioned in the bottom photo; it doesn't overhang the wall as it appears there).  It's so comfy and gives us a little more seating.  I can't wait to get our tables build, buy decor, and hang curtains now!  This place is finally coming together!  About time since we only have 4 months until Baby Obie arrives!

This weekend, I also took quite a few belly photos.  I feel like it's really out there now.  No hiding this preggo belly!  Vino even got some cuddles in with her brother.  

My belly is growing so much in fact, that my t-shirts are a little snug and stretch uncomfortably.    And this is why I have begun wearing Nick's shirts.  Size small t-shirts just aren't cutting it anymore!

Saturday night we had some friends over for game night.  We played Settlers of Catan (we bought the game and expansion pack over Christmas), Telestrations, and ate far too much food.  I also sipped on some non-alcoholic wine and pretended it was the real thing.  (Only 19 more weeks!)


Sunday late morning, we had a dog party.  Three of our neighbors brought over their dogs and we spent the next hour and a half wearing them out.  It was awesome to see three Vizslas together since they're not all that common.  Below you'll see a little game of Vizsla keep-away, led by Cayenne, followed by Riley and Vino)


As if the dogs weren't spoiled enough with the doggie playdate, I finally got Nick to agree to let the old couch, now moved to the loft, to be the one piece of furniture the dogs are allowed on.  I finally get to cuddle with my dogs somewhere else besides the floor!  Vino was all about it.  We didn't have to ask her twice to get up there.  Yadi, however, had to be pulled on the couch.  But most the time, not matter how much "come" we say, she refuses to get on the couch.  She might like to test her limits most days, but she really is a great dog that knows the rules. 


Sunday night, we had date night in and made dinner together (Mongolian beef with carrots, broccoli, green beans, onions, and red peppers over rice) and cuddled up on the new couch watching a movie.  Of course, picky ass Nick had to pick out everything except the beef and green beans.
This couch, because of it's giant ottoman when pushed in the corner, creates the perfect scenario for the ultimate cuddle session!  We watched "When the Game Stands Tall" and I really enjoyed it!


Monday, we woke up around 10am and oh.em.gee it felt so good to get that much sleep.  Little man was doing some serious gymnastics and Nick was able to feel him.  In fact, Baby Obie was kicking up a storm for 45 minutes straight.  We just laid in bed for those 45 minutes, Nick's hand on my belly, feeling this little guy having a blast in there.  I love being able to share this with Nick.  It's crazy to me that just one week ago, his kicks weren't hard enough for Nick to feel them and now not only can Nick feel them, but we can see our hands move from his strong kicks!


We took the lazy route the rest of the day and laid on the couch watching "Jersey Boys" (thank you Red Box for one buy, get one free!).  During the show, our attention whore Weim was so frustrated that we wouldn't pay attention to her, so she began throwing her ball at us.  And it landed right in our popcorn bowl.  Well, I guess we're done with that.  Thanks a lot asshole.

We ended the night with some cleaning.  And by we, I mean Nick because I can only work for 5 minutes at a time before my body tells me to sit down.
Also, being a homeowner sucks at times.  Saturday, I opened the dishwasher, apparently Hulk style, and pulled the dishwasher from the cabinets.  Not much, just at the top.  But anytime you opened it and pulled the drawers out, the entire thing tilted out of the cabinets.  Nick wasn't too happy with me so last night, he pulled the entire thing out, diagnosed what the hell happened (which was just lazy installation) and then fixed it.  Thank goodness for a handy husband!!!!


And then I ended the night in bed, reading about my 21st week of pregnancy, while watching Fresh Prince, making a to-do list for work.

Speaking of work, did I mention that I only have two days of work this week??? Because I do!  Thursday, I will be on a cruise ship with my husband, headed to the Bahamas!!!!!!!







8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good, productive weekend. I love your belly pictures. It almost makes me miss being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Enjoy your cruise this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NOT have yesterday off so I'm jealous of you. You are the cutest pregnant woman... seriously. AND YOUR COUCHES ARE AMAZING. I love the giant ottoman. I want to come over and help myself to your bar and then plop on the couch and cuddle with your dogs and watch movies.

    Keith's dogs are allowed on the couches but I wish they weren't. One day when we get new couches (the ones he has now are like 20 years old) I'll put my foot down and not let the dogs up there, but as it stands now I have no authority which is just great.

    I used the Redbox BOGO to get A Walk Among the Tombstones with Liam Neeson and it was ok.... not my favorite. And i got Boyhood but I didn't actually watch it.

    I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CRUISE!!!!!!!!!! You so deserve a vacation/babymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bump is so adorable!!! i also love that you captured nick in the act of being a literal picky eater (couldn't resist the pun). hilarious because i'm sort of the same! have so much fun on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby bump!!!! I love that your dogs have their own couch now....we've slacked and let Duke on our couch more and I really wish we hadn't but it's still fun to be able to cuddle with him on it. Hope you have so much fun on your cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new couch looks so comfy. Glad the pups can get some cuddle time on the older couch. Hope you have a blast on your cruise and get some fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT definitely looks like your hubby is a keeper!!! I love your baby bump! Also? The couch will be so amazing to lay on with the baby!

    ReplyDelete