Image Map

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Week 19


How far along?  19 weeks


Baby size?  Mango; about 6 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces.

Baby progress?  Baby Obie is now developing a waxy coating called the vernix caseosa, which moisturizes his skin, protects him from the amniotic fluid, and helps him move down the birth canal when he's ready.  (This is the greasy white stuff you see on babies when they're born.) He is also perfecting the area of the brain that controls senses and even sprouting hair on his head!!!  (I wonder if he'll be born with a head of hair?!).  

Weight gain?  None in the past week.  Which puts me at a total of 3 still.

Stretch marks?  No, thank goodness.  I had been slacking the last week on lathering on the oil so I was worried, but I've checked my boobs, belly, back, butt, and thighs and I see no signs of stretch marks.   

Sleep?  Insomnia attacks me half the week and the other half, I sleep just fine, other than waking to pee frequently.  

Symptoms?

Still no morning sickness.  19 weeks strong.
I'm peeing often but I'm used to it by now.
My legs still itch, but not too badly.
Constipation and painful pooping (hey, just keeping it real, yo)
I having a lot more round ligament pain, but it's not awful.  
I find myself rolling to get up more; I feel very pregnant even though I don't look it.  
I have more energy, but my heart still doesn't like activity.  But I'm not always tired, and if my heart didn't go crazy, I could easily do some yoga or light exercises.  


Cravings?  Pretty much just corn dogs right now.

Movement?  Yes!  I am now certain all those little feelings I was feeling were the baby.  Before, it was light.  Someone described it perfectly:  it feels like a bubble landing on your arm.  You know the very faint feeling when it lands and pops?  That is exactly what it's felt like for 2-3 weeks now.  But this week, it's stronger and I am certain it's him.  I usually only feel him at night, past 9pm.  I've got a little night owl on my hands.  (Just like his parents).

Workouts & Activity?  Nope, still another week until I see the cardiologist and then hopefully I can return to activity.   

How are you feeling?  Great!!!  I honestly don't have any complaints right now.  I know a lot of people complain about pregnancy, but I feel really great!  This pregnancy has been really easy for me. Sure, the heart thing has me frustrated, but things could be much worse! I'm actually really enjoying being pregnant, and I'm a little sad that next week is my halfway point!

Best moment this week?  There were two.  The first is the sweet gifts I got from friends out of nowhere.  One bought us a cute little picture to go in Baby Obie's nursery and it's perfect for his theme! Another friend sent us some of her sons' clothes that they didn't wear; and they have helicopters and other aviation themes on them!
Second was registering for Baby Obie.  It was overwhelming making the list, but with the guidance of many friends, we feel really great about our registry.  It was scary because babies need so much stuff, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I was equally excited to know I'm soon going to have a little human in my arms that will use all of this stuff!  I wasn't sure how Nick would like registering, but he enjoyed it and he was too cute picking things out for him (especially toys).

Worst moment this week? Chapped lips.  Holy moly, they won't stop cracking and bleeding.  I have tried so many things. Lip scrubs, Vaseline, intense chapstick, Aquaphor, Burt's Bees, etc.  If you have a brand or idea that will really help me, PLEASE send it my way!

What do you miss?  Sandwiches.  Lunch meat sandwiches.  I love them.  Absolutely love them.  Give me all the turkey, ham, and salami!!!  But I don't want to risk Listeria.  I know, I know, the odds of getting it are so incredibly rare, but it's me we're talking about.  Remember that cancer that only 1% of people get?  Yeah, I got that.  So I'd rather not play a game of risk with deli meat.   Odds are not my forte.   I'll just sacrifice.  (I know I can heat it up and it's then safe, but I don't like hot meat (that's what she said) so it really wouldn't satisfy me.)

Things that suck?  Gaining weight in my already chubby face.  Nick says my face isn't fat, but I feel like when I look at some photos, I can tell my face has gained weight.  Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't already have chubby cheeks that make me have a fuller face :/  I mean, I guess I should be thankful that my face is the only part of me gaining weight and growing (well, aside from the belly and boobs but that's normal).  

Things that don't suck?   "Communicating" with my boy.  At night, when he's kicking and punching, when he stops, I push on my belly and he kicks/punches back.  It's so cute and I'd be lying if I said sometimes it doesn't bring a tear to my eye.  I can't wait until they're stronger and Nick can begin to feel his son moving





9 comments:

  1. I highly recommend this for your lips:

    http://www.drugstore.com/blistex-lip-medex-lip-moisturizer/qxp15780?catid=183854

    It is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that gorgeous baby bump-you look absolutely beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by Carmex. It is a little thicker than most so it stays on and it works even in freezing New England weather! Hot meat! Giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Blistex, I find great relief with that brand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bump is too cute! You look radiant :) I can't think of anything to really help with chapped lips though. Maybe drink more water to help stay hydrated as a whole?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt is so cute! You look great mama! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying this process!

    ReplyDelete