Image Map

Monday, November 14, 2011

Girls Weekend

I have two of the best friends a girl could ask for. 
For many reasons.  But the one I'm writing about right now, is because they both flew down to Pensacola to visit me.

A weekend with Jessie and Jen is just what I needed.

The girls arrived late Wednesday night.  That night we just hung out in my living room, drinking wine, and talking.  Two things we do best =)  We stayed up pretty late just chatting and I went to bed happy, yet upset.  I was sad because I wish I was able to do this more often.  I love these girls to death and it kills me I can't have this whenever I want.  But I decided to focus on the fact that I have them in my life.  I get to see them when I return and they come visit me. And I had them now.  I was going to focus on that.  (I had plenty of time to be sad once they left, right?)

Thursday we just hung around the house and made "Julius on a stick."  Julius had left Pensacola just a a couple weeks prior to go to primary in Corpus Christi and was upset he wouldn't be here when the girls were visiting.  He wrote on my wall, telling us to have fun, and asked us to pose in some pictures, with him missing, as if he were here.  I had an idea to do one better.  I printed off a few pictures of Julius and Mod Podged them to some sturdy cardboard.  We planned to take him with us and pose with him so that he can be a part of our weekend.

That evening we went to play BINGO.  It's apparently a very popular game here in Florida.  We have a giant stand alone building right across from our neighborhood.  Jenny & Matt came along and we had a lot of fun.  For just $20 we got a whole package of games.  They lasted us from about 6:30pm to 10:45pm.  I didn't win anything but Jen and Matt both won!  I really want to go back.  Although, I could totally do without the smoke.  I felt like we were playing BINGO in the middle of a smokestack!



Friday I took the girls to this quiet little beach.  It's one of my favorite spots.  It rarely has more than 10 people there and it's pretty long so you can always be far from others.  It's just a nice quiet spot.  We packed up some lunch and blankets (and Julius) and headed out.  We just sat there, eating lunch, talking, and then taking some pictures.  Taking pictures....it's what we do best =)




When we returned home, we headed out to NAS Pensacola to watch the night air show.  It's the 100th Anniversary of Naval Aviation PLUS the Homecoming of the Blue Angels (this base is their "home" and they come home every November at the end of their performance season) so they were having what turned out to be a pretty sweet air show.  They had a super hornet that flew close to dusk so you could see it's after-burner and it was so awesome!  Then they had an airplane with large sparklers off it's wings as well as shooting out from the plane.  Next was a pretty lengthy fireworks show, followed by this awesome wall of fire!
The only downfall of this night was the cold.  It was so freaking cold!





We left the base and headed out to eat.  We ended up at this hole in the wall restaurant by our house, Oval Office.  While it was a bit redneck (true to our city) it proved true to the statement that those hole in the wall places have great food!  We each got something different and we loved it all!  Nick and I will definitely be going back.


Saturday we headed back out to NAS Pensacola for the day show. We walked around and looked at the planes, took some pictures, and watched the Blue Angels.  It was pretty awesome.

Fat Albert

Blue Angels

Blue Angels




MH-53 - The helicopter squadron Nick was with that has him interested in helos

T-6 - the plane Nick will fly in Primary


Then we headed home, hung out for a while, got ready, and us girls headed out!



Julius told us to visit Flounders.  What he failed to mention was that it is DEAD in the off season.  We were all of maybe 10 people there.  (Although it does look like it'd be fun in the summer.)  Then we headed off to Seville Quarters, per our waiters recommendation.  Seville has a few different bars in it.  We sat in the piano bar for a little while and then headed into the club area.  The girls LOVE to dance.  I don't dance but I sit at a table and just people watch.  They come back occasionally and sit with me.  Might sound boring for me but it's not.  I love that they are having fun and I'd rather be out with them, than not.  This is how college was and those were some of the best years of my life!  Plus, who doesn't love to people watch in a club?  Both guys and girls are so drunk.  Guys trying to act cool and spit game at girls far out of their league.  Girls so sloppy they are falling all over, looking like idiots.  And the dancing...oh the dancing.  I will not claim to be a good dancer but oh boy, these people and their dance moves.  Club people watching is fun.  Plus it's a self-esteem booster for me!



Sunday was just another lounge day.  We took the girls by the Corry Station NEX for them to see what one is like (just a store and grocery store) and then we were off to the airport =(



Goodbyes.  My life is full of them.

But I was thankful for this weekend.  Thankful I have friends who will come visit me.  It was nice to forget that homesickness feeling in my stomach for a few days.  Nice to feel AT home.  These girls are home.  I feel at home, no matter where it is, when they are with me. I might be 26 years old but I will never not need my best friends from home. I could not ask for better best friends.  Jessie and Jen, thank you, so much, for coming to visit me!  I LOVE YOU!!!

To view all the photos from our weekend, click HERE!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment