Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

One Day Family Day in Florida

Nicholas and I had a one day family day down here in Florida.

My Aunt Anne's family (she's married to my mother's brother, Gary...so I'm not related to this family I'm talking about...although they are some pretty nice, funny, and kick ass people) came down to Santa Rosa Beach for Anne's brother's wedding.

Santa Rosa Beach is just on the other side of Destin, Florida.  Which means that they were only an hour and a half from us!  They were down here for about a week and asked us to come hang out with them on a day we had free.  Thankfully, Nick had today free so we hopped in the car at 6:30am and made our way east!
Someone doesn't like mornings.
Nick on the car ride to Santa Rosa Beach

We arrived shortly after 8am, changed into our swimming suits, poured some mimosas and hit the beach!  We spent the majority of the day on the beach, enjoying some tasty adult beverages, getting a tan.  Nick and my uncle Gary boogie boarded and body surfed.  Nick and my cousin Teeny played catch.  Teeny and I attempted some handstands.  We most definitely are not acro people.  And of course, Teeny and I took way too many ridiculous pictures together....which is no surprise to any of you, I'm sure.

Teeny's attempt at a handstand

My handstand fail


That evening, we made our way back up to the house to enjoy each other's company (and more tasty beverages) on the porch.
Anne and I being grill masters lol


Then it was time to indulge in a delicious meal made by the Burrow clan.
This was my plate.  Yes, you see veggies, which I did eat.  But I have decided that I need something on my veggies...cheese or some sort of sauce like teriyaki.  But at least I've made the step from no veggies to veggies slathered in stuff!  I also tried, for the first time, grouper, salmon, and scallops.  I liked the scallop and grouper but I wasn't too fond of the salmon.  I like seafood, but I can't do a lot at one time, nor can I do anything too fishy, which is why I usually stick to just mild white fish.

After dinner we spent a little bit more time on the beach while the sun started to set.  That is, until Nick caused Teeny to crash into a giant tree/log and scratch her leg to hell.

that's the giant tree/log thing she tripped over while attempting
to catch the football Nick threw

sunset 

Then it was time to head back to Pensacola so Nick could prepare for his next day at work =(

It was SO great to have my family here.  I get so homesick with having every single person in my family states away, as well as all my friends.  So it's nice to see familiar and loving faces.  It's nice to have "home" here with me.  Definitely helps ease the pain.
I am so lucky and very grateful that they invited us crash their vacation for a day.  Next week I will be seeing morevfamily, but they obviously won't be making the trip down here again so it was nice to see them.
I truly am blessed with the most amazing family ever!!!!

Thank you Rogles and Burrow Family for giving us a nice one day vacation with you all!  We truly appreciate all your hospitality and laughs!  We hope the wedding goes smoothly (which I'm sure it will) and that you all have safe travels back to St. Louis, California, and New Jersey!

(Thank you shout out to Matt who came by after work that day to let the pups out to potty and give them lunch!!!)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment