Image Map

Friday, December 7, 2012

Belated Birthday Celebration(s) with Nicholas

Nick was not able to be home in St. Louis with me for my birthday.
Therefore he wanted to "celebrate" when we got back to Florida.  The crappy thing was he didn't have a single free day.   Or even a free evening.  Just two to three hours each day.  So the things he had planned kept getting pushed back or cancelled.

The first night, we had about an hour or two to spend together.  So Nick wanted to take me out to dinner.  I am always craving a giant juicy super cheesy burger so I suggested we head to Red Robin because I had a free birthday burger!!!  Nick wasn't going to argue with that because he's a sucker for their bottomless fries.  And mmmmm was my burger delicious.  Then it was home for Nick to continue prepping for his next day's flight =(










The next night, again, Nick didn't couldn't dedicate his entire night after work to me, but he had a few hours to spare.  So off we went to the movies because he knew I had been anxiously been awaiting the last Twilight movie ever since the last one was in theaters.  (Yes, I'm one of those girls that love it.  And I'm not ashamed!)  Nick doesn't hate the movies.  In fact, he loves them.  But he wouldn't ever openly admit that ;)  I loved the movie and had a great time out with my love and I'm so thankful he finally took me to see it!  (Although now I'm super sad the series is done!)
(Sorry, didn't take photos.  I know, I know...photos make all blog posts better!)

Nick came home one evening, again a little later than expected, and things hadn't gone as planned and his day went later than he thought it would.  He came home a little annoyed.  He had wanted to take me to the beach to watch the sunset, followed by dinner.  Unfortunately, he got home just before the sun was setting so that wasn't able to happen =(  But he still took me out to dinner again.  And because he knows I loooove pizza, we went to one of our favorites, Mellow Mushroom!!!  It is so so so good!!!  I am such a sucker for their amazing wheat crust!!!  Then afterwards we did some Christmas shopping.
We always get the Mighty Meaty.  It's soooo good!


Lastly, Nick told me one night that we were going somewhere the next morning at 9:30am.  He needed to be home by 1pm to change and get to work and he'd be there until late that night.  I had no idea what we were doing.  I semi-hate these "surprise" dates because Nick isn't too good about telling me what to wear.  He gets annoyed when I ask questions but I need to know:  Do I dress in athletic clothes, dressy, or just casual?  Should my hair be up or down?  Should I put on makeup?  Can I wear heels or would flip flops or flats or sneakers be better?  If we're inside, I'll be cold and want a jacket.  If we're outside and in the sun, I should wear a tank top because it's supposed to be 80 degrees.  Should I bring my small clutch or is my normal large purse fine?  He just doesn't understand lol.
Anyway, that morning I woke up and got ready.  Casual with flats, flip flops, or sneakers I'm told.  We'll be outside. Whatever purse I want.  Okay, good!  That's start! lol

We started driving waaaay down towards the Pensacola base and I had no idea where we were going.  When we finally pulled in, I realized where we were!!!!!!  We heard about this miniature golf place that is all Navy/Aviation/Military themed and I've been wanting to go for soooooo long.  I've been nagging Nick and asking him over and over if we can go.  His response was always an annoyed "some day."  I gave up on asking him.  It had seriously been months since I last asked.  So I was so shocked and so happy!!!  I know it sounds silly but I'm a small child.  ANYTHING a child would find fun, odds are I do too.  My ideal dates are the zoo, mini golf, go carts, a carnival, etc.  And if the fun child-like activity is outside, I'm in heaven.  Like I said, it sounds silly but I much more prefer fun, laid-back, casual dates!
The course was not kept up since it's off season but it was still super fun.  Normally I do really well and either beat Nick or come pretty close to his score.  Not this time.  I sucked it up hardcore!!!  Either way, I had a great time and was really happy we had FINALLY gone here!!!!


These three holes spelled out USN

Aircraft Carrier


Aircraft Carrier again

Pentagon




Washington Monument


Army

Little helos all over the course




Anchor

USMC Obstacle Course

Sherman Field (where these guys land a lot)

Sherman Field (where these guys land a lot)








USS Alabama

We had NO idea what this was....anyone know?  We don't see anything lol

Submarine...Nick's prior community







Leaving the golf course



I was sad the sunset thing didn't work out but we realized we needed to give up on that plan.  Some other day maybe.  His schedule is just too busy and he's never home in the evenings now.  Either way, I had a great time with all these various "belated" birthday celebrations!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment