Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

Virtual Christmas Card

We've been receiving Christmas cards in the mail for about two weeks now.
With each envelope I open, I feel guilty that we didn't do Christmas cards.
We even had Christmas photos taken but didn't make cards to mail out.
We plan to print a few at Walgreens but those are just to give to our families and our closest friends.

I'll be honest, it was just laziness on my part.  Leading up to the Christmas season, I had planned to do what my family has done all 28 years of my life...send a Christmas card with one of those "The Past Year..." letters.  But now it's December 17th, and there is no letter written, no cards purchased  Therefore, no Christmas cards and letters for our extended family and friends.
(Plus, we've become so frugal so I think "I could spend that $45 on cards and $30 on stamps, on my medical debt, which would be more responsible.")

But almost all of my most beloved family and friends follow this blog.  So my thinking is you all don't really need an update letter, right?  (Or that's just my way of justifying my laziness.)  I just told myself, I'll do a virtual "Christmas Card" via my blog.

So here I sit to write my virtual "This Past Year...."   But in all honesty, I don't even know what to say!! The past year has been....mundane.  Good mundane, but mundane none the less.  There has not been anything super exciting going on.  We've really been enjoying our time here in Florida, with friends, and with each other, but nothing "!!!!!!" worthy has happened.
So, here's the mundane review of our lives the past year:
-  Nick began Primary training in April and has been doing that since then.  He is very close to finishing (within a week or two when we get back) and then will select what type of community he'll be joining (maritime, tailhook, or rotary).
-  I have been doing the boring housewife thing (I'm not made to sit at home..I'm made to work and be busy).  I've watched way too many hours of HGTV and Ellen.  I've read lots of books.  I've applied to too many jobs (still same response of "sorry we only hire local graduates), and I've researched nursing programs in ALL the places we could possibly move to.
-  We spend our weekday's doing normal married couple things.  Nick works all day, comes home and studies all night.  We cook together, enjoy dinner together (other than the past month where he's been too busy to even eat).  We cuddle on the couch and watch television or movies.
-  We spend weekends hanging out with friends, going on date nights, doggie play dates at the parks or each other's houses, or just relaxing at home.
-  My health is the same.  Which is great that it hasn't become worse but also sucks that I'm not getting better comfort or relief.  But at least I'm used to it and I'm thankful things are not getting worse.

And that's about it.  Nothing too super exciting.  But don't be fooled.  Nothing exciting does not mean we aren't enjoying ourselves.  We are incredibly happy and VERY much so enjoying married life and loving living in the warm Sunshine State.

Here is the Christmas card we sent out to all our family and friends.  Next year, we hope to be a little more on top of things and send them out to a lot more family, family friends, and friends.



{To see our Christmas Card Photos, click HERE}

From The Oberkrom's, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment