Image Map

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Occurrences, Not Coincidences


In my previous post about Nick's selection, I mentioned that I received a surprise package in the mail that calmed my nerves and put me at ease.

You see, Nick's selection was a really big deal for us.  I was so incredibly nervous.  While getting ready to leave for his selection, I went out to get the mail.  That in and of itself is weird.  I never get the mail.  It's only ever bills so why bother???  Nick is ALWAYS the one to get the mail.  (Ask him if you think I'm making this up.) But today, after finishing my hair and makeup, while standing in the closet looking at my clothes getting frustrated over what to wear (I felt I should be dressy since it's a big day but it's always a SUPER casual event), I suddenly thought "You should go get the mail." So I walked outside to the mailbox and inside, there was a package from Shutterfly.  I knew I didn't order anything but thought maybe Nick made something for me for Valentine's Day?  (How silly of me to think that lol.  Nick?  On top of holidays?  No way!)  I walked inside, "Did you order something from Shutterfly?"
"No...I don't even know know that is."

It was addressed to me so I sat on the couch and opened it.  And then began bawling my eyes out (in the end causing me to run late because I had to redo my makeup.)

I received this book:


It was FULL of pictures of Andy as a baby and then throughout his life, ending with many, many photos (a lot of them being some of the ones I took and gave away!).  In addition to the photos, there were many little stories of Andy's silly antics growing up.  It was the most amazing gift ever.
Included was also the Penny poem I had lost over the years!!!
We were given this poem after Andy had passed and I have many of my own "penny stories".




(For those that do not know, Andy is a friend of mine that was tragically taken from us in our junior year of high school.  I've blogged about him a few times.)

It was in this moment that I was calmed.  This book could not have come at a better time.
Seeing Andy's face smiling at me, I knew he sent me out to the mailbox.  He wanted me to see this before we left.  It was his way of saying, "I'm here for you.  Like I always am.  I will take care of you and watch over you.  No matter what today results in, you will be okay because I, along with God, will be by your side."  It was Andy reminding me that no matter what Nick selected that day, God has a plan for us.  It might not be the plan we would like, but He has a plan.  And we need to just trust in His plan.  And Andy would be there to guide us through it.

My nerves were calmed.  I let go of my nervousness (although it returned when it was Nick's turn to take his shots and find out his platform.


Andy's mother was the one who sent me this book.  She had read my post about Andy on the anniversary of his death and said she would send me something.  I just assumed she'd mail me a photo of Andy that I could put in a frame.  This was far beyond anything I could have imagined but it means the world to me.

I sent her a message thanking her for the book and explaining to her that it came right when I needed it. I was shocked to find out that the book was not actually scheduled to arrive until Friday!!!
Donna explained it perfectly:  "These are not coincidences but rather occurrences."  And I could not agree with her more.  Our Andy Angel sent that book a day earlier knowing I needed him.  (He probably thought a penny would not be enough!!!)  And our Andy Angel sent me to that mailbox.

Donna, thank you, so much.  There are no words to express what this book and your generosity mean to me.  Thank you for taking the time to write that book and send it to me.  I will cherish it forever.

Andy, once again, you've pulled through as the most amazing Guardian Angel ever.  You never cease to amaze me or be there for me.  I need to remember to lean on your more instead of waiting for such blatant signs!  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.




(I know I do not speak often of God and my beliefs.  I am very much a private, spiritual person.  I believe my relationship with God is just that...MY relationship with God.  I pray privately and I talk to God privately.  But I am a strong believer in Him, the power of prayer, and His love for us.)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment