Image Map

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A DIY Bridal Shower Brunch

This past weekend, I had the honor of throwing my sister a beautiful bridal shower. I had been planning this for a few months, buying all the decorations, even bringing one whole suitcase home back in June full of nothing but decor items.

This shower would not have been possible without the help of my family. My mother, aunts, cousins and grandma helped to execute this amazing shower. From the decorations to the food, it wouldn't have been possible without them. 

But enough babbling, you're really here for the photos anyway. 

These are the invites and I really love them! I designed it, my brother created it, I had them printed, Nick cut them out, and I mailed them. Team effort!! 



I made her a cute little burlap banner




These bridal shower favors were a hit! So many people told me they thought it was the best idea ever!! (I mean, duh! Who doesn't love wine?)






Who doesn't love brunch? We decided to go with brunch foods, complete with a mimosa bar and it's safe to say that everyone loved it!!!


Donut holes on a stick, anyone??? 





No brunch is complete without your aunts' breakfast casseroles!!




Pancake dippers, cute and delicious!! 








The star of the show, The Mimosa Bar











Grandma, my cousin Melissa, and I worked together to create this adorable cupcake bridal gown cake!!




My wonderful cousins and myself with the bride to be!

My little sister is getting married. If that doesn't make you feel old, nothing else will. 

The beautiful mother of the bride with her girls.

Mom, Bride, Matron of Honor, and Grandma!!

Bride and Grandma

Bride and Mother

My best friends came as well and it was an added treat getting to spend time with them.

Leah got some pretty awesome gifts and I'd like to steal that picnic basket!!!


I loved throwing this shower and am already looking forward to the next time I can have a mimosa bar!!! 






8 comments:

  1. I saw some of your insta pics - everything looks SO DANG CUTE! You did a great job. And I love your dress. Hopefully next time you come to STL you have a bit more free time so we can grab lunch or dinner! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute party theme - I must keep this in mind for my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you and your sister look so much alike! What beautiful pictures--I love the idea of a mimosa bar AND that you had little wine bottles as the party favors--what a cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how cute all of this is! I am stealing your ideas for my friends' bridal shower! I have a feeling that the planning, organizing, setting up party will be just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! you did an AMAZING job!! i love the purple theme and those donut holes on a stick?? who needs to make cakepops - these are MUCH better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Shower- You did awesome! I'm sure she was beyond pleased
    I agree, that picnic basket is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks amazing! Love the chalkboard wine bottles. The decorations were so cute and all the food looks amazing. Love the idea for a brunch! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete