Image Map

Thursday, September 11, 2014

On Saturdays, We Wear Our College Attire, Drink, & Watch the Game

This time of year, everyone's weekend recaps are the same.  I know for the next few months, my Saturdays will be always be beer, good food, and football!

It should come as no surprise that I'm a Mizzou fan.  That is my beloved Alma mater and I miss that campus, that town, and college life so much!!!  Football season was always my favorite.  My freshman year, we lived in the dorm with all the football freshman football players.  They became good friends of ours and it made the games even more enjoyable to not only be cheering on our team, but cheering on our friends.

My Saturdays have always revolved around Mizzou football.
Before going to Mizzou, I'd travel the two hours there, stay with my brother, and tailgate with his friends.
Saturdays while attending Mizzou revolved around tailgating, the game, more tailgating, and then hitting up the bars.
I graduated in 2008 and moved back to my hometown of St. Louis, but I continued to travel back to Mizzou to tailgate and attend games.
Saturdays are just a day for college football.  End of story.

Sadly, my tailgating and game-going days had to come to an end.
In 2011, I married a man in the United States Navy.  As you all might know, Missouri doesn't have an ocean for those big Navy ships and thus I had to move.  Sadly, I can't afford to fly home for every home game.  The best I can do now is cheer on my Tigers here in Florida.  Thankfully, with Mizzou moving to the SEC back in 2012, I'm able to catch their games since I reside in SEC country.

A few months ago, I posted a photo of a shirt that I really wanted.  Little did I know, this shirt would be showing up in my mailbox just a few days later.  My sweet husband saw this shirt online and ordered it for me, knowing just how much I'd love it!
(I'll admit, the shirt would be a LOT better if it said "I may live in Florida but I'm always in Mizzou Country").


You'll be happy to know, no more weekend recaps (unless it's pretty epic) because Saturdays you will find me drinking beer and watching my Tigers.  (And watching other college football before and after our game.)  Some Saturdays it might be on my couch and others it might be at a bar with my fellow Northeast Florida Mizzou Alumni Chapter.


Oh, you'll also find these two girls shoved into jerseys that are now a bit too small for them.
(It's one of the few times I think doggies clothes are acceptable).
 



What is your college team?
Do you dress up your dogs for game day?





9 comments:

  1. I went to Ohio State so I am a Buckeye! The pups look adorable in their jerseys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirt
    Those dogs...so cute
    I'm not a football fan! Gasp, crazy I know! Just not a sport I ever got into

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mizzou girl here, even though I didn't go there. And I'll be very honest, now I think of you every time there's a game on, esp since you told me about taking the goal posts to Harpos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louisville Cardinals all day every day!!! Go Cards! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a horrible MIZZOU student. I often times avoid stadium on game days hahaha fail....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like us on Sundays! My husband cheers for A&M and I'm a K-Stater... I almost went there for college.. and since I didn't end up going to a college with a football team, I am still a wildcat at heart.

    ReplyDelete