Image Map

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jaxon Thomas

I've been absent from this blog again.  But this time, it's been for good reason, I promise.  
While it's still because I'm too busy, it's a different kind of busy.

I've been a little busy tending to this adorable little baby who has completely stolen my heart.

Born at 36 weeks, after a very sudden and somewhat dramatic and whirlwind experience, we welcomed Jaxon Thomas into the world at 9:54am on Wednesday.  He weighed in at 5 pounds and 11 ounces and was 19.25 inches long.  


I cannot thank those enough for the generosity; be it through the love and support of text messages, emails, and Facebook posts, or those that have helped out with our dogs and home, or bringing us meals.  We are so grateful for the people in our life, near and far.  You've all made this experience that much more special.

Many people have asked for my birth story.  Not just because little man was 4 weeks early, but because those who have seen photos on Facebook and Instagram know that I went straight from my maternity shoot to the hospital and others know Jax spent some time in the NICU.  I promise to write his birth story and post it soon.  Probably after my mother leaves in a week and a half.  Right now, I'm really soaking up every single bit of newborn time as I can.  I'm already so emotional knowing he won't be this tiny forever.  

So excuse me, but I need to go snuggle the crap out of my baby now.





9 comments:

  1. Congratulations times a million - again! He is so handsome, and you look/sound SOOOO incredibly happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ONLY reason it's ok that you haven't written his birth story yet is because of all the pictures you've shared on social media. SO SO SO happy for all of you! Enjoy the newborn phase and the time with your mom. Can't wait to read the story when you're able to post it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, congrats Melanie! You both look awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is gorgeous!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name Jaxon is quite popular nowadays. I have a nephew and a friend's son who have the name. He's adorable, congrats Mom & Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following along on social media and so happy for you and your new family. He looks absolutely adorable. I don't blame you for wanting to snuggle with him instead! Enjoy! Congrats, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! He is so precious, enjoy this time together.

    ReplyDelete