Image Map

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

While this Memorial Day Weekend wasn't at all how I would have preferred it, it ended up being a great weekend.

You see, every single Memorial Day Weekend for the past 10+ years, I've spent it at the lake....with my family.  That is my most favoritest place on earth.  With my favoritest people ever.  (You might remember THIS post.)
Last year we didn't go to the lake because we were all in Annapolis, watching my amazing husband (then fiance) graduate from the United States Naval Academy and commission as an Ensign in the Navy.  I gladly skipped a lake trip for that experience (but it was also easy since my family was with me, not down at the lake without me.)

I think this weekend also upset me because it just reminded me how much I miss the lake.  I didn't go at ALL last year (because we missed Memorial Weekend, then married and we moved away.)
So I was bummed my family was at the lake.  And I was not there with them.

But this weekend was great!  Nick had the entire weekend off and it was fabulous.  We did nothing out of the ordinary.  But I enjoy our ordinary life together.  We didn't get "ordinary" or "normal" or "mundane" for the first four and a half years of our life.  So we embrace this.

I wasn't feeling too well but Nick tended me as the loving husband he is.
We made our Blue Hawaiian Bucket and enjoyed that.

We watched Cardinals games.
We cooked together.
We cleaned, organized, and worked on some DIY projects for the house.

We took the pups to Blackwater River for the first time.  We walked along the path for about half a mile, took a tiny trail through some trees, and came out onto this tiny, wooded, and secluded beach.
It was perfect!  The dogs had an absolute blast swimming, fetching sticks and pine cones in the water, exploring, etc.  Spending those three hours on the beach and playing with the pups and my husband made me so thankful for my little family and our ordinary moments together.











Like I said, nothing special but it's how we spent our first Memorial Day Weekend as a married couple =)

Family, we missed you all greatly and wished more than anything we could have been at the lake with you,/.  But no worries, we still enjoyed our weekend =)  (with little moping from me)


post signature

8 comments: