Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Friends Over St. Louis Vacay

My time here at home is almost over.  And while I'm sad, I am very, very thankful that I've been able to actually come home.  I know not many are as lucky to get time off work, have the finances, etc to get to visit their family and friends.

If you remember THIS post, then you know I was super stressed about visiting everyone. It's just very stressful to try to squeeze everyone in because it's inevitable schedules conflict.
But thankfully I was able to see all my friends.

Friend Visit #1: Jen and Jessie
Late last week, I spent some much needed time with my best friends, Jessie and Jen.
{Background: Jessie is my best friend from high school.  We've had a friendship unlike any other, in a good way, and it just can't be put into words.  After high school, we went to Mizzou and lived together in the dorms, where we met Jen, who quickly became our best friend.  After our first year, the three of us moved into a house together for the next 2 years.  Jen graduated early and then it was just Jessie and I.  Jen moved back to Kansas City, Missouri and after Mizzou, Jessie and I moved home to St. Louis.}
I sent an email out to all my friends letting them know I was coming home.  Jen immediately emailed me back wanting to know what weekends I was free.  Unfortunately, I was only scheduled to be in town for two weekends and I was available for either due to going to the lake, a wedding, and time spent with my brothers the other weekend.
Jen then whipped out her best friend skills and decided she'd take Friday off work and come to St. Louis (she's about 4 hours away) Thursday night so we could spend Thursday night together, have a slumber party at Jessie's and then spend the day together Friday before I needed to head to my weekend events.  Then Jessie pulled the same awesomeness and said she'd take a day off work as well.  Folks, best friends don't come any better than this!  These two were willing to work around my busy schedule, take a day off work, and Jen even traveled in to see me!!!!  I most definitely did not expect Jen to come in town just for me and would definitely never ask them to take a day off work.  But this is what makes them absolutely amazing friends.  I could not ask for better best friends!  (Jessie also came to visit us once we moved to Maryland for those nine short weeks after our wedding and she, along with Jen, also came to Florida last November to visit us!)
Anyway, Jessie picked me up at my house after work and we went back to her house, ordered Imo's (my absolute favorite pizza EVER...and she ordered us toasted ravioli!).  Then we picked Jen up from the train station at 10:30pm, headed to Three Sixty St. Louis, which is a 20th floor rooftop bar with a 360 degree view of St. Louis.  We just sat and caught up with one another (while warding off and being completely amazed by obnoxious guys attempting to spit game.)
The next day, we woke up, had breakfast, set out for pedicures, then went to our usual place for lunch (or dinner), Pasta House.  mmmmmm.  We sat on the patio, enjoyed some deliciously cheap drinks, enjoying lunch.  Then they dropped me off at my Grandparents and I said goodbye =(
It was the perfect friend date though and I was so happy I was able to see them!

view of Busch Stadium, Home of the Cardinals, from the bar

lunch on the patio of Pasta House


Friend Visit #2: Mizzou Crew
My brother has been living in Columbia, Missouri, (where my beloved Mizzou is), for 10+ years.  I moved there to attend college and therefore his friends became my friends.  They are one of the most fun groups of people I've ever met and it's no surprise my brother befriended them.  This group also includes, Josh, my brother's best friend, whom I consider my brother because he's always been there for me such as any brother has.  The last time I saw the Mizzou Crew was either at my wedding 14 months ago or at Mizzou's Homecoming last October.  Thankfully, my trip home fell over Nick and Daneila's wedding so I was able to share in their day and see all my friends.  We had a BLAST that day hanging out, drinking, and dancing the night away at their wedding reception.  It was so much fun and reminded me of my wedding! ...packed dance floor, lots of love and laughs, and they even used my same DJ (who was awesome) and my photographers (who everyone KNOWS are awesome) so it was great to see them all too!!!!  Nick is just an awesome guy and I am so happy he found Daniela.  Not to mention, she's the sweetest, most fun girl ever!  So I was happy I was able to help celebrate their day.  (and get her back...she requested "Pussy Control" at my wedding so of course I too requested "Pussy Control" at her wedding.  And as no surprise, both of us vetoed that request at our weddings lol).

my brother Randy and his bridesmaid
my brother, Ben, and Amber

Angela and Kevin...one awesome couple with the world's cutest little girl!

dancing with Randy and Meagan 

TROUBLE!...the best of friends

me with the boys

because all Ben's friends love her, Mom crashed the wedding after her other wedding.
When everyone saw her, it was a giant "MAMA DICKENS" that rang out lol

another freaking awesome couple, Derek and Amber, (also another newlywed couple)

Meagan and her man, Kyle

with the ever beautiful Daniela

sooo happy I got to see Zeb!  Love this guy!

and of course a photo with the awesome groom!


my adorable brothers!

My other brother, Josh.  We went as each other's dates since our spouses couldn't attend

with Amber!  LOVE this girl!!


Friend Visit #3: Julie
Julie is my other best friend and she's been my best friend from a very young age. My family moved across the street from her family when we were about 9 years old???  I don't really remember but we were little.  We played soccer, softball, volleyball, and basketball together on school teams as well as spending every waking moment together out and about in the neighborhood.  Sadly Julie moved to the opposite suburb of St. Louis than where our families live.  So when I'm in town, with limited time, we usually just choose a central location to meet for lunch or dinner.  And that's what we did this time too.  We met at Applebee's, had dinner, and talked for a few hours.  It's what we do best.  My favorite thing to do with Julie is just walk around our neighborhood, for hours, just talking.  The two of us could talk for days and it'd never get old.  It really stinks we're both so busy because we don't get to have phone dates as often as I'd like.  But I'm just glad we were able to find time to get together while I was home, especially since Julie is a boss with like three jobs!  But I'll take whatever time I can get.  She's one of those best friend that just gets me no matter what.  I don't even have to speak and she knows what's wrong.  And she's always able to make me laugh in any situation.  That's the type of friend you never, ever want to lose!!!!!
Sadly, I didn't get a picture of us together =(

Friend Visit #4: Co-Workers
Before I got married and moved away, I worked at St. Louis Children's Hospital teaching two year olds.  My co-teachers, Christine and Sarah, were the most amazing co-workers ever.  I miss these two dearly. I mean, I spent 50 hours with these girls...Monday through Friday, 10 hours a day.  We talked to each other about everything.  Our families, friends, things our husbands probably wouldn't want us sharing, etc.  These girls made those horrific days of dealing with 16 (or sometimes 18) two year olds bearable.  These are amazing girls and became some of my closest friends.  We were there for each other when family or friends were annoying us, we shared in each other's life accomplishments and were genuinely excited for one another.  They were girls I could rely for honest and great advice.  I miss them so much but we were never the type to talk on the phone so I feel it might be weird to call and catch up.  Which means we don't talk often =(
Thankfully, I was able to get together with them, and their husbands and Sarah's adorable son (who has grown SO much since I last saw him!).  We gathered at Sarah's house, had dinner and just talked and talked.  Around midnight we decided it was time to go, considering they all had to work the next day. I cannot tell you how happy this visit made me.  It made me miss them more than ever but it was so great to see them all.  I hope I'm able to see them again for Christmas!

Friend Visit #5: High School Crew
I'm fortunate enough that I am still close with my original high school crew and I hadn't seen them in a while so I was sooooo happy we were able to get together.  After they all got off work, we gathered at Kelli and Susi's new house!!!  It's adorable and I can't wait to go over there again and see the progress they've made.  Jessie was there as well so it was good to see her again considering she's my best friend. But the Krasnesky Family came and I was super excited because this was the first time I got to meet their adorable son, Benjamin!  He's such a good baby and oh so adorable!!!!!  We ate dinner and then spent the next few hours just sitting around reminiscing about high school and laughing so hard.  I love these girls (and guy!) and am so thankful we're still close and share so many wonderful memories!  The Krasnesky's had to leave early because they are now responsible parents who actually care about what's best for their child (unlike a lot of adults these days).  After they left, Kelli showed Jessie and I their cat's "clothes" and we had a blast dressing them up!  Oh my goodness it was hilarious!  Sadly, our time had to come to an end.  I'm really hoping we get a long leave over Christmas (although I'm told we won't) because I'd love to be able to see these girls again!!!!!  They are some of my favorites!


Okay, so these aren't pictures of my friends.  But I forgot to take some but how can you not love George and Phil in their attire?!


I am happy to say, for the first time since I moved away, I was able to see every single friend of mine!  Normally on each trip home, I see my best friends and then it's very, very hard to squeeze in the other groups of friends.  I love them dearly, but it's just so hard!
But this was beyond successful and the stress of trying to see everyone paid off =)





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment