Image Map

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Overview of St. Louis Vacation

Everyone keeps asking "How was your trip home?"

Well, it was AMAZING!

I am very lucky and grateful that I was able to go home as long as I was.

Since being married, trips home are no more than a week and a half due to Nick's schedule.  And a week and a half is just not enough time to do all the things we want to do or see the people we want to see.
But 21 days at home?  It was perfect.  It was long enough to do what I wanted and see everyone, yet not long enough that I was missing my family and life back in Florida.

In a quick overview, here are the things I was able to do while home (with links to some of the posts if you missed them....I didn't post them on Facebook or Twitter like I normall do) :

  • Spend time at the lake.  It's my favoritest place ever and I wasn't able to visit there last summer.
  • Get my much needed endoscopy done.
  • Indulge in Imo's pizza (only the best ever!), toasted ravioli (we have to make our own because they don't sell it in restaurants or stores here), Jack in the Box (boy how I miss this fast food joint), St. James Wine (only my favorite wine, which I can't get anywhere but in Missouri since it's a Missouri Winery), Pasta House (one of my favorite Italian places since most don't make manicotti, only cannelloni), Gus' Pretzels (only the best ever) and Ted Drewes (one of the best frozen custard places ever and a staple to St. Louis)
  • Visit Busch Stadium (one of my favorite places ever) and watched my beloved Cardinals play baseball.
  • Witness two of my friends get married while celebrating with even more of my friends at one awesome reception (and see and chat with our amazing photographers!).
  • Celebrate Dad's birthday with him and celebrate my sister's birthday the next day via Skype.  
  • I got to visit every single one of my friends...something that usually never happens!
  • Got to finally grab a drink at Three Sixty St. Louis' "new" roof top bar.
  • Craft with Grandma just like we did when we were little.
  • I got to visit the new sea lion exhibit at the zoo which was so incredibly cool!  (We have the best zoo ever!) All while spending the entire day with my cousin.
  • Had a big get together and game night with my family! (They're seriously the best ever!)
  • Spent soooo much time with my brother at the lake, the wedding, and again the next weekend. (he's my best friend and one of my favorite people!)
  • Spent evenings outside drinking wine with Mom and Dad.
  • Got to snuggle lots and lots with Sierra. 
  • Shopped with Mom

There were very few things I didn't get to do:

  • Visit Nick's family.  Unfortunately, his aunt was out of town on business and then they were on vacation until my last day in town =(
  • Indulge in P'sghetti's sub sandwiches (they are soooooo good!)
  • Visit Andy =(  The day I made time to visit, the cemetery had already closed.  I didn't expect it to close at 5pm when the sun doesn't even begin to go down until about 7:30pm-ish.  I arrived at 5:15pm and it was closed =(  I thought about parking and just walking past the gate, but with his plot being right at the entrance, front and center, I was nervous someone would see me and yell at me =/  I'm a chicken
So I'd say it was a very successful and fun trip!  Once I had everyone penciled in for a visit, my trip became a LOT less stressful!  Now I'm just counting down the days until we return in November!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment