Image Map

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July {the best holiday ever}

Happy Fourth of July!!!!!


This is absolute favorite holiday. I know most people rank Christmas as #1 but not I!  Christmas comes in at #2, just behind The Fourth of July.

If you know me, you know I love summer. I love the heat and sunshine. Which is a big part of why I love Independence Day.

I get to spend the entire day outside. Swimming, lounging by a pool or beach. Enjoying the sunshine. Getting a tan. Drinking adult beverages on someone's patio, grilling up burgers and hotdogs. And indulging in all those side dishes and desserts. And of course having a Bomb Pop. Just laughing and having fun with friends and family as we await the sun going down to then watch one of my favorite things ever....fireworks.
I don't know what it is about them but I could lay on a blanket, snugged up in Nick's arms, watching fireworks every single night of the year. They just never get old to me.

We don't have any grand plans for today. Just enjoying the day, the eats, the drinks, and fireworks.  I'm a little disappointed in myself that it didn't dawn on me until yesterday at 4pm (far too late) that I should have planned a Pinterest worthy party. Now that I'm planning my sister bridal shower, I'm all into DIYing cute little parties. Next year, it's happening!!!  So if you're in Jax, I'm telling you now, I'm having a party and you're all invited!!!!  (Maybe we can also use this as motivation to transform our bland backyard into something awesome like we keep talking about!)

I hope you all enjoy your holiday.  Be safe, have a designated driver, put your phones away and be present!  Just enjoy the day with your loved ones and celebrate living in the greatest country there is!!! 
Happy Fourth of July!





2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th! I hope you have a great day and enjoy the long weekend :)
    thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this holiday too! SO glad the Declaration of Independence was adopted in a summer month! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete