Image Map

Friday, December 26, 2014

Boy or Girl? The Question Has Been Answered!



Thursday, November 18th rolled around and we headed to the doctor to take another peek at Baby Obie and make sure he/she was still doing well (we go every 4 weeks).  We were also going to find out the sex!!!! 

 In one of my previous posts, I had mentioned that we weren't sure what we were going to do.  It really didn't matter to me what sex is growing inside of me, and Nick had a preference of a boy, but ultimately, what we truly cared about was a healthy baby.  But in the end, Nick decided he wanted to know what we were having.  The day before the appointment, we finally looked at all the old wives tales to see what they predicted.
It appeared if the wives tales were correct, we'd be having a baby boy.  However, in my defense, I don't feel the 'balance' and 'feeling' is that accurate because I'm always clumsy, even before pregnancy.  And I've always been a moody person, crying over everything.  So I wouldn't say those are fair questions.  But alas, the wives tales said boy.

So off we went to the doctor, hoping and praying for a healthy baby.  And we got just that!!!  Baby Obie was as perfect as could be!  He/she was measuring right on track at 16 weeks 5 days, which is perfect for our May 30th due date.  They took a look at all of Baby's organs, measurements of bones, head, brain, heart, etc and things could not have been more perfect.
We were loving watching our sweet baby on the screen.  This was the first appointment were he/she truly looked like a human!  In the previous appointment, Baby wouldn't turn to profile view so this was the first time we saw our child's profile.  And it was perfect.  I seriously have been staring at this photo, whether the paper one or on my phone, every day, multiple times a day, just smiling, thanking God for blessing us with him/her and keeping us both healthy and giving me a fairly easy pregnancy thus far.

The sonographer waited until the end of the appointment to figure out the sex so we looked away.  I drank orange juice beforehand (a recommendation from two women I work with who said it made their baby squirm all over so they could get a good view) and it worked!  During the entire ultrasound, baby was all over place!  Kicking those feet, flailing those hands about, wiggling all over.  However, when it came time to take a peek between the legs, Baby wouldn't uncross his or her legs.  She was finally able to get a good picture and determine the sex.  But we didn't find out just then.  We decided to find out privately together over dinner.  I brought a card and had her circle boy or girl and put the photo in the card.


It was so hard to wait until that evening but over dinner, we opened the envelope.


We're having a SON!!!!!!!!!



 Of course I cried and like usual, Nick made fun of me for it.  But we were both so happy.  Nick was obviously very happy since he wanted a boy and I was just happy to know since I truly didn't care one way or another.  We were all smiles throughout dinner, talking about raising a boy, our hopes and dreams for him (arguing over whether he will go to Mizzou or USNA), and deciding how we wanted to decorate the nursery.

We decided to keep the news to just us for the evening and have this moment.  The next evening, on our drive to St. Louis, we called our immediate family and best friends and shared the news with them.  This past weekend, we shared the news on social media and let the world know we were ecstatic to be welcoming a baby BOY into this world in May!

(No, we have not decided on name yet and when we do, we aren't even sure we'll share it with anyone or wait until he's born to announce it.)

Words cannot express how happy we are to have a baby boy but more importantly how happy we are to know he's perfectly healthy and we're both doing really well!!!!  Pregnancy has been great thus far and I have zero complaints!!!  To all of those that shared our joy on our Facebook and Instagram announcement, THANK YOU!!!!  We are overwhelmed with how loved this baby is and how loved Nicholas and I are by our friends and family.  Thank you :)



11 comments:

  1. I think it's so sweet how you decided to find out!!! Sharing that moment together privately seems like such a good idea. I'm so happy for both of you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a cute onesie! I can't imagine the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he is healthy! What great news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ocngrats!!!!!! i also found out the sex of our baby since i'm a planner and needed to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable way to find out together!

    ReplyDelete