Image Map

Monday, December 29, 2014

Pregnancy Update: Week 17


Yep, Baby Obie is a BOY!!!  If you missed my last post, (you can find it here), we decided to find out the sex of our baby, but we did so privately, just the two of us.  And it was perfect.
This update is a little late (I guess that's my theme with them all) but we wanted to personally share the news with our family and best friends before making it public.  So while I just hopped into my 18th week, you're just now getting my 17th week update.

How far along?  17 weeks

Baby size?  The size of an onion, about 5.1 inches long and 6 ounces (we know the exact weight since we were at the doctor this week). 

Baby progress?  Baby Obie's cartilage is now turning to bone and getting more fat on those bones!  The umbilical cord is getting stronger and thicker as well.  Baby Obie's senses are perfecting themselves and he his brain is beginning to control his heartbeat rather than beating at random intervals.  His arms and legs have reached their normal proportions and will continue to grow at a constant rate.  

Weight gain?  Two maybe three pounds. 

Stretch marks?  Not yet!

Sleep?  Sleep is good, other than getting up a lot to pee.  

Symptoms?
Morning sickness?  No.  Going 17 weeks strong without it!
Food aversions?  None.
Urination? All the time!
Acid reflux?  Bad but not worse than last week.  
Fatigue?  Still fatigued.  I'm doubting my energy will ever come back.  Well, I'm sure it will, you know, when my last child enters kindergarten and I get a break.
Pregnancy brain?  Still forgetting everything
Emotional:   Yep, but we all knew there was no hope for me.
Itchy skin:  Still the legs. 


Cravings?  Still my same frat boy cravings:  corn dogs, pizza, wings, fries, beer, and rootbeer.  Obviously I don't give in to the beer one.

Movement?  Maybe??  I can't really tell!  Sometimes I think I feel it but then I think I'm just wishing I feel something and thus making up that I felt a tiny movement.  So I'm going to say no or maybe.  Definitely not a yes yet.

Workouts & Activity?  No way.  I feel like I'm going to pass out from just walking to the bathroom.  Which really, really sucks but I'm told is normal.  

Others?  

How are you feeling?  Frustrated with my energy and racing heart.  I just want to be active.  I'm feeling gross because I'm getting bigger.  I know it's normal but for a girl that has been the same size since she was 14 (that's 16 years, y'all), it's difficult to adjust to.  But I'm also anxious and excited to meet this little guy!!!!  So it's not all bad!!!

Best moment this week?  While Nick was unsure if he wanted to know the sex, I'm happy we found out.  His excitement has noticeably increased over his little son.

Worst moment this week?  Becoming sick of leggings.  Yep, you heard that correctly.  I'm so over leggings.  I cannot wear anything else during the day so that's all I'm wearing.  (At home at night, I'm cozy in Nick's big baggy pants).

What do you miss?  Not feeling guilty if I have an unhealthy day. 

Things that suck?  Constipation.  Look, I'm just being real.  Pooping HURTS!!!  Thankfully I don't have that insane cramping I had back in weeks 5-7.  This is just painful pooping or finding it difficult to go and it sucks!

Things that don't suck?   Having Nick rub my belly and talk to Baby Obie all the time.  It's pretty freaking adorable.  


I don't think my belly changed much between last week and this week!





3 comments:

  1. I love the onesie!! Have you guys thought of a theme yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The constipation is real, sista! I can attest to that! You look fantastic, keep up the great work and giving into those frat boy cravings... you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable. Very impressed you haven't had any morning sickness!

    ReplyDelete