Image Map

Monday, March 9, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Week 27

(excuse the tired, hair up look.  It was a ROUGH week .  It was more important to take the photo on time, than to wait for a day where I had the time to look more attractive haha).



How far along?  27 weeks 

Baby size?  Baby is the size of a bunch of bananas.  He's weighing in at 2.4 pounds (we know for sure because the doctor told us) and he's estimated to be between ___ inches long.  

Baby progress?  


Weight gain?  I finally have an answer since my scale at home is crap.  (Truth be told, we don't ever weigh ourselves.  Neither of us have ever been those people to be concerned with our weight.  We bought it back in 2011 to weigh our DOGS!  Yep, that's right, our dogs.  We were curious how much they weighed as puppies because they grew so fast.  That's the only reason we have it. Before pregnancy, I stepped on it maybe two times.  Maybe.)  Anyway, this past week I went to the OB for a routine visit and my glucose test and I'm up 16 pounds!  Seeing the number on the scale was a bit of a shock considering I've never seen my weight in the 130s and now it's in the 140s.  I know it's normal and I'm on track for how much weight they want me to gain (about 35 pounds since I started out underweight) but it was still a shock.  Thankfully, I know I'm all baby and it's not that I've packed on the pounds on my ass, face, arms, back, etc.  I'm sure a little of the added weight has come from these boobies, but I don't think they can weigh enough to really make a difference on the scale. (can they?)

Stretch marks?  None still!  


Sleep?  Not happening.  I'm so tired and exhausted, but I cannot shut my brain off and go to sleep.


Symptoms?  
Acid reflux, back pain, occasional insomnia, forgetfulness.  The usual haha.


Belly Button In or Out?  In, thank goodness!!!

Cravings?   None.  At all.  Actually, no appetite.  Thanks a lot, stress :(

Movement?  He wasn't very active this week, which had me a little concerned.  But we took a peek at him during my appointment and he's doing great!!!!

Workouts & Activity?    Nada.  Other than my normal activities throughout my day.



How are you feeling?  Honestly, I'm struggling.  Work has me feeling so overwhelmed and stressed out.  I have no appetite, I can't sleep, I'm crabby, and unhappy.  I'm overworked and it's just not healthy for me.  When I get home, I don't want to do anything except crawl in bed and cry.  I have no motivation to do anything.  I don't want to hang out with my friends.  I don't want to get on social media.  And that's how I've been recently.  Wake up, work from 8am-9pm, home, shower, bed, toss and turn all night trying to find sleep and repeat.  
Thankfully, I saw my doctor this week and she could tell something was wrong.  We talked a lot, and she thinks it'd be best for me to see a therapist, which I agree.  Just to learn to cope with my stress and anxiety in a healthy way.  Most importantly, because she wants it in my file in case we have to reduce my hours even more.  She gave me a note saying I cannot work more than 40 hours a week/8 hours a day so that should help.  But, to reduce it more, if she thinks necessary later, I will need medical documentation of how the stress and anxiety are affecting me, which is where the therapist will be needed.  Unfortunately, there is a such a long wait and I might not even see someone until the month I'm due.  Which doesn't help me much.  

Best moment this week?  3D ultrasound!!!  OMGoodness this was the most amazing experience!  I plan to blog all about it, which really is just precious photos but oh goodness, I could have watched this sweet boy forever!  It made this pregnancy very real to see him acting like a real human; playing with his feet, yawning, rubbing his eyes, squirming all over, etc.   Bad news is the little stinker hid his face the entire time!  Good news is, we're going back in a few weeks to do it again (second visits are so cheap!) so I get to see him again!!!


Worst moment this week?   Feeling as low as I feel.

What do you miss?  Being happy more often than I'm stressed, anxious, or upset.

Things that suck?     Knowing you're only harming yourself and your baby with how stressed and anxious you are, but feeling stuck and not knowing how to avoid it.  Hopefully cutting back on my work hours will help this drastically.  


Things that don't suck?  Prenatal massages.  Nick and I got a couples massage and it was my first prenatal massage and goodness I wish I could get this done weekly!!!!!  I felt so amazing afterwards!


Looking forward to?  Buying all of Baby Obie's furniture and the last of his big ticket items.  It seems each week, something happens to make this all more real!  I can't believe we're almost in the 3rd trimester!!!  And having a stroller and room of baby furniture will surely make it all seem real!







8 comments:

  1. Yay you're getting there!

    Hope the Cardinals pulled off a win for you this weekend. Our first tickets are April 18th, very excited for baseball because it means warmer weather (but I will miss my Blues hockey!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! I loved your Cardinals "future fan" t-shirt. Praying that your stress and anxiety diminishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find some rest soon! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down. Hopefully you feel better soon! But you do look great, if that helps:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously look so gorgeous pregnant! I hope you're able to find peace and get into the therapist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed that you look gorgeous in all of these photos! i'm so sorry to hear about the anxiety and stress...but happy to hear you're seeking out a therapist (big fan of that over here!) hopefully you can get in sooner or find someone else that has an opening sooner because your happiness is absolutely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you can find a therapist to help, and I am sorry you are going through that right now. Ultrasounds these days are so cool, love the 3D ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely gorgeous, friend! XO

    ReplyDelete