Image Map

Saturday, February 28, 2015

27 Week 3D Ultrasound - Our First Peek at Baby Obie!

Nick and I weren't sure we wanted to get 3D pictures done.  But then after having our normal 2D ultrasounds at the doctor's office, we decided we wanted to get a better image of our little man.
I found a local place that would do a 3D and 4D (video) scan for a pretty inexpensive rate (MUCH cheaper than our regular OB's office does it.)

I wanted to make sure Baby Obie would be active and move around, in case he were in a position that wasn't giving us a good image.  I know that orange juice makes him active so I drank a glass of that just as we got in the car.  Then we stopped at Starbucks just a few miles away from the ultrasound office.  I have not had any caffeine during this pregnancy.  I wasn't a really a huge coffee drinker before pregnancy and my choice of soda's don't contain caffeine (Sprite and root beer).  I figured caffeine, especially never having any before, would get him pretty active.

I was right.  He was active.  But not anymore than he usually is.  Yet for some reason, he kept yawning!!!  He is his father's son.  Caffeine has no affect on him (Nick takes a Mountain Dew to bed and falls asleep within 30 seconds.  This is also after consuming one at dinner and usually one more post-dinner).

Here is our Little Man!!

But don't let that image fool you.  This was at that very end when he finally let us see some of him.

This is actually how our session started out.


Yep, this stinker is folded in half, feet and arms up by his face, hiding.  (But how adorable are those little toes?!)  We poked him, and I moved on my side.  He stayed folded, with those legs, feet, and arms hiding.

Below we got a little peek of his nose for once though!!!!

He just didn't want to be seen.

The woman then had me get off the bed, and go sit on the couch.  She had me spread my legs and bend down between them.  Apparently the cramped space makes them change positions.  So I sat like that for about 5 minutes and then hopped back up on the table.

Well he moved alright.  He turned and shunned us.  Showed us his back side.  Thanks a lot, buddy!

She then brought me some juice.  The sugar plus the cold can make them move.  He was squirming and moving, but he kept that face hidden.  He finally moved his feet, but he was determined to keep his face hidden with his hands and arms.  But thankfully we got a few views of his face here and there.










After more flipping from one side of my stomach to the other, we got some views of his sweet little face!!!!!


I don't know about you, but it sure looks like he has a dinosaur friend in there with him!  A little mini t-rex head!
The pictures below just melt my heart.  He yawned and then rubbed his eyes.  Such an adorable, sleepy, childlike action.  He is just so cute!!!


(That beaded looking thing over his shoulder is his umbilical cord).


Little Man is apparently thinking pretty hard below.  So pensive.  




Below are a few random photos.  The first one is yet again, another yawn. The top right one is him trying to suck on his toes. haha.
That bottom right one?  Creepy as hell. His eyes are open but look super bug eyed and his mouth is wide open.  Creep Central.  In reality, this was just another yawn lol.




We got a few good ones, but out of 147 photos, there are few of his entire face.  Which is why we're going to go back in a few weeks and do it again.  So keep your fingers crossed he cooperates for us!

After not knowing if we wanted to do this, we are so happy we did.  Although we know he's a real human, it made it so real for us.  I could have laid there and watched him all day long.  I cannot wait until he is here and I CAN watch him all day.  The crappy thing is that it made me that much more anxious for him and I can't believe I still have to wait 13 weeks to meet him and hold him and cuddle him.  I wasn't sure I could love him more, but this 3D ultrasound definitely proved I could.

(We also received a video but I will edit a shorter version to share.  )



1 comment:

  1. So awesome! I bet it was a lot of fun to see him like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete