Image Map

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks



How far along?  32 Weeks

Baby size? About the size of a honeydew melon; close to 18 inches long and weighing about 3.5-4.5 pounds

Baby progress?  Baby Obie is sucking his thumb and still practicing breathing.  He's going to start working his way (hopefully) into the birthing position (head down, facing my spine).  Not too much new going.  He's just perfecting his 5 senses and packing on the fat!!!


Weight gain?  I don't know.  I don't weigh myself at home anymore and I don't remember what the scale was at the doctor.  I do know I'm adding weight like crazy, but it's all this amniotic fluid as baby's size isn't really changing and I'm only growing in my belly (thank goodness).  I'd say in total I'm around 30 additional pounds now.


Sleep?  What is that????  I don't sleep.  Pregnancy insomnia, mixed with anxiety from my job and I can't sleep.  Many, many mornings when Nick's alarm goes off, I'm wide awake.  I'm seeing a therapist to help me manage my anxiety without medication, but thus far, we're only one session in.  Which means she's getting to know me and hasn't touched on my anxiety yet.  She gave me a guided meditation disk, even though I told her I've done those plenty of times and they don't work.  Surprise!  Hers didn't work.  


Symptoms?  

Intense siatic pain.  I limp a lot from it and it's frustrating.  
My tail bone is still killing me as well, which is increased when he's head down.  (He flips from head down, feet under my right rib cage to being completely transverse.)  
Acid reflux is at an all time high and I'm over it.  I didn't think it could possibly get worse from how it was pre-pregnancy.  Then I didn't think it could get worse from how it was the past few weeks.  But it keeps proving me wrong.  Zero remedies work.  My medication doesn't help much at all.  I'm so fearful for my endoscopy this summer.  I pray every day that it hasn't done enough damage to cause Barrett's or even full blown esophageal cancer :/  I'm absolutely terrified.
Leg cramps :(  I read that happens and was lucky enough to not have it happen to me...until now :(  Its only at night but holy shit is it painful!!
Swelling.  Always while I'm at work.  I need to buy new shoes in a wide because when my feet swell, they become sooooooo tight and painful.
Painful feet in general.  This additional weight is hurting my feet.  Obviously it wouldn't be so bad if I could wear shoes with great support but dressing professionally really doesn't leave room for comfort.
Bleeding gums.  That has returned.  Thankfully it's just when I brush my teeth.


Cravings?  None at the moment.  

Movement?  He doesn't stop.  I mean it.  Every single ultrasound we get, this kid is moving all over. I feel him move at least every 15 minutes.  I just assume he sleeps at night when I'm sleeping since I know he doesn't stop moving during the day.  But then Nick told me that he had his hand on my belly one morning while I was still sleeping and the kid was moving around like crazy.  (Nick was amazed that I was sleeping through it because they were movements that had his hand moving pretty high off my belly, and I'm a light sleeper.  I guess I've just become used to his movements and now sleep through them).  So either this kid truly does not sleep, or he is very restless in his sleep.  


Workouts & Activity?  I have a belly support band now so I wear that when I walk the dogs.  That's about the most I can get these days :(    But I guess that's better than nothing.  

How are you feeling?   Overall, good!  I've definitely reached the uncomfortable stage.  I'm not to the "omg I can't wait to not be pregnant" stage, but I'm slowly entering the "I'm over this" stage.  Thankfully his movements and hiccups keep me loving pregnancy and I have equal "I don't want this to end" moments.  

Best moment this week?   Nursery room!!!  We finally had some furniture delivered and my precious BOB stroller!!!  We picked the paint color we wanted (I promise in person those look differently) and began working on his room...FINALLY!!!



Worst moment this week?  Yadi has become RIDICULOUSLY velcro when Nick isn't home.  She is always obsessed with me, following me everywhere and keeping an eye on me.  But she's bringing it to a whole new level.  Normally, she lays right on the threshold hold of the bathroom floor while I potty or just sits in there with me.  Now?  She is all over me.  When I'm on the couch, she tries to get as much of her body on me, without actually being on the couch (since it's not allowed).  I'd say she's finally realized something is up with mommy!

What do you miss?   Laying on my belly.  I LOVE to lay on my stomach and journal, blog, read, watch tv, etc.  I miss it so so so so much!!!

Things that suck?  That painting and decorating are a tedious task. I just want to be able to complete his nursery in one weekend and not worry about it anymore.  It's making me anxious!!!

Things that don't suck?  Finding adorable maternity tops.  I love this pink lace top!  I would have bought this had I seen it in a non-maternity store because it's so cute!!!





Looking forward to?   Meeting him!!!  I'm getting to anxious to meet him now!!!!







2 comments:

  1. That pink top is adorable! I have to admit, there's been times when I'm at Target and I'll say "oh that's cute" only to realize I have wandered into the maternity section and I'm not pregnant. Oh well, I guess ideas for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not pregnant and Judy is velcro to me ALL THE TIME! I find is so frustrating sometimes that she is so needy, but I love her way too much to ever push her away for ffear she won't ever snuggle me again. I am insane. Regardless, you look beautiful in all these photos! XO

    ReplyDelete