Image Map

Monday, October 5, 2015

Jaxon's First Zoo Trip

Tis the season of limited Nick time.  Cue sad face.  This weekend, we only got to spend time with him on Saturday so we made a whole day of it and Jaxon was quite the trooper!

We woke up and slowly got ready to leave the house, then headed to Maple Street Biscuit Company for brunch.  Nick and I enjoyed chicken biscuits while Jaxon enjoyed his Oball and Sophie.



Afterwards, we headed to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens for Jaxon's first zoo trip. We didn't really expect him to get anything out of it, because he's so young, but we were wrong.  As long as the animals moved, he would notice them and just stare at them.  It was such a fun experience!!!
These two seriously melt my heart.  I could have watched them together all day.  




(Jaxon spends half of his waking hours eating his hands.)



Y'all, seriously.  Look at this kid.  They don't come any cuter than this.
(And oh my gosh, does he look exactly like Nick or what?!)

He loved this giant gorilla and was hitting, feeling, and picking all over his face.

This ball is his favorite.  We have a few of them.  He's always holding it, even while sleeping, as he was in this picture.  We don't get anywhere without it, even if there's plenty of animals to entertain him.


Nick and I each have a stuffed tiger.  Tigers are my favorite animal and Valentine's Day 2007, I received a package from Nick that contained a stuffed tiger.  And I've slept with it (almost) every day since then.  A few months after receiving mine, Nick casually mentioned that he wished he had a tiger.  So I bought one and mailed it to him.  And he then began sleeping with his tiger.  We decided it's only appropriate that we get Jaxon his own tiger.  We had been searching for a while but every tiger we find in stores had those ginormous cartoonish eyes.  No thank you.   We popped in the gift shop in the hopes they would have a tiger with normal size eyes and they did!!!  So Jaxon got his first tiger and a souvenir from his first zoo trip.  

Seriously, how did I create such a perfect little boy?!

Afterwards, we hit up Sam's Club and then headed home.  It was a long day.  We were gone from the house from about 11am until 5pm.  Jaxon didn't cry once!!!!  He just took his cat naps in the stroller, fussed for one minute before I nursed him, and remained smiles all day.  It made for quite the pleasant day.  

I can't wait to spend more weekends creating memories with my little family.  I know they'll be few and far between now with Nick being gone a lot, but we'll take what we can get!








6 comments:

  1. Cute pics!! Surprisingly I have yet to go to the zoo this year, I'm living thru everyone else's trips! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW what a cutie!! He looks like such a happy little dude! Love that the whole family has a pet tiger now--such a sweet family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun zoo trip! Glad he enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous little family! :)
    I love that he was watching the animals so closely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so right, that boy is just perfect. You have a beautiful family
    Your tiger story seriously just melted my heart. How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome day. He is so cute and you look AMAZING! Seriously..

    ReplyDelete