Image Map

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reminiscing

Yesterday I posted that one year ago, we found out I was pregnant.  I just can't believe how quickly time has gone by.  The memories of my pregnancy always bring a smile to my face. One of my favorite memories and a story I love sharing, because I love anything TMI, is how I knew I was pregnant.  Which is because NICK knew I was pregnant before I did.  If you missed that story, you can check it out HERE.

Thankfully he wasn't so weird as to fish my pee out of the toilet and find out for me.  He wanted a baby pretty badly, but not that badly that he'd attempt something like that.

Time is a weird thing.  Part of me feels like it was just yesterday that I was surprising Nick and telling him I was pregnant.  The other part of me feels as if Jaxon has been a part of our lives for years.  (It's only been four months though).

I find myself reminiscing a lot.  I go back through old blog posts, like the two I've linked above about telling Nick I was pregnant and how he (kind of) knew before me.
I find myself spending far too much time going through photos of my pregnancy and especially of Jaxon's short four months.  And cry.  He's grown so much and it breaks my heart how quickly time passes by.  I need it to slow down.  I hate that as I get older, time seems to pass much more quickly.  Why is that?  Who has a theory on that?  And how can I get it to stop?


I make sure to savor every moment.  I snuggle Jaxon during his naps half the time.  He won't always be this small.  He won't always want mama cuddles.  Sure, my house could stand to be a little cleaner, but I am not willing to trade snuggles with my sweet baby boy for dusted shelves.  Chores can wait.  I'm thoroughly enjoying being a mom, depsite how trying it can be.  I love being home with Jaxon and cherishing every moment I have with him.  Which is why you're seeing less blog posts from me.  I'm not quitting, but I'm also not putting this blog before my family.  I encourage everyone to spend more time with loved ones. These moments are fleeting.  Cherish them.
Four months old




7 comments:

  1. Not a life altering theory, but I think when we're younger we don't understand the concept of time as we do now that we're older so we know each passing day is quicker and quicker to getting older. While I do miss your posts, I totally agree with your decision in putting that sweet baby and your hubby first! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog when you want to - that's what I do. Life is important to live, and sure our blog world friends want to read about it but sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right... chores can wait - most things can! The most important thing is to spend quality time with your little man! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is so fleeting you have to make family time the priority. Can't believe it has really been a year already.

    ReplyDelete