Image Map

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This is the first Thanksgiving that I won't be home in St. Louis with family.  I was pretty upset about it because I love my family dearly and this year, we have a lot to be thankful for with the news of my pregnancy, Kyle officially becoming part of our family, and my uncle catching a heart attack before it happened (gets to go home today!).  As I get older, the years seem to go by more quickly.  We're not getting any younger, so I hate missing out on any time I can be with family, which isn't often living a military lifestyle.

But I decided to stop pouting and being upset that I'm here in Florida, away from my family.  I have far too much to be thankful for to be sad.
via 

My husband and I both have jobs, we have a gorgeous home, we can afford to pay our bills and still go out frequently for date nights or nights out with friends, we always a fridge and pantry full of food, we are healthy, we are expecting a child, we have amazing families and friends, we have two great dogs, and we're happy.  Very, very happy.  I cannot ask for more than that.  There are far too many who are not as fortunate, as the above image is proof.

Today, I am thankful.
Today, I miss my family, but I am thankful for an amazing family to miss.
Today, I am thankful for friends that are like family.  I will be participating in my first ever Friendsgiving.  I will be spending all day with our best friends here in Florida and our good friends from Pensacola who have moved to Virginia.  I cannot wait to be reunited and stuffing our faces full of delicious food, playing obnoxious games, and drinking (alcohol-removed) wine. 
Today, I am thankful that my husband is home and able to celebrate this day with me.
Today, I will enjoy my last Thanksgiving as a family of two, and look forward to next year with a precious 6 month old joining us for Thanksgiving dinner.
Today, my heart (and belly) are full and I am so incredibly thankful.

I hope you and your family and/or friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Remember this day is not about snagging the best deal on a television, but about being thankful for all you have.  Some might not have much, but there's always at least one thing to be thankful for; even if it's simply that you woke up today.
Please take a moment to say a prayer and think of those serving our country (military, police officers, firefighters, etc) and their families that have an empty seat at the table today. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!



3 comments: