Image Map

Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Husband Knew I Was Pregnant Before I Did



Yes, you heard that correctly, my husband knew I was pregnant before I did.

When you announce your pregnancy, you're usually hit with a ton of questions.  The most common and obvious, 'When are you due?', 'Are you finding out the sex?' 'Are you sharing the name?', etc.  I expected those.
I also realized that people are very curious as to how you knew you were pregnant.  (I'm assuming they mean what lead you to take a pregnancy test because clearly I knew I was pregnant when I saw "PREGNANT" on the pregnancy test.)

Because I find our situation pretty comical and was asked quite a few times, I thought I'd share.

It was Thursday, September 18, 2014 and this conversation was had:
Nick:  "Are you pregnant?  Your boobs feel differently."
Me:  "No, they don't."
Nick:  "Yes they do."
Me:  "No, they don't."
Nick:  "I'm pretty sure I would notice."

...fair enough.  {Because I have no problem being TMI}, it's fair to say that Nick feels my boobs more than I do.  I don't think it's odd that I don't feel myself up often so it made me wonder, 'do they feel differently?'  They were sore, but I was supposed to start my period in a few days and it's normal for a little tenderness during my period.  But we had been trying so I thought, "Oh my gosh, what if it's finally happened and I'm pregnant?"

The next day, I decided to take a pregnancy test and sure as shit, I was pregnant!!

Clearly my husband knows my body better than I do.


Do you have a unique or funny story as to how you knew you were pregnant?

To see how I actually told him, click HERE




1 comment:

  1. HAhahahahahaha, this is a great story!!! I hope you share it with your kids when they're older ;) See how red their faces turn!

    ReplyDelete