Image Map

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

This Halloween was not very exciting.  We decided we weren't going to hand out candy.  Instead, we bought a bag of our favorite candy, turned off all the lights, pretended we weren't home, snuggled on the couch watching Hocus Pocus and ate our Halloween candy.

It's not that we don't like kids.  I actually really enjoy seeing all the children in their costumes.
But Yadi and Vino make Halloween very difficult.  Last year, they were still pretty small (Yadi only 50 pounds and Vino only 30 pounds) so it was easy for Nick to hold them as I handed out candy.  This year, at 85 and 55 pounds, they have a lot more strength.  They looooooove children so it'd be very difficult to hold them back each time the door bell rang.
Just locking them in a bedroom would have resulted in a busted down door or claw marks alllllll over the door.
Crating them would have resulted in lots and lots of whiney and howling and complete loss of sanity on Nick and my part.
We could have sat outside on the porch and handed it out, but last year, we didn't get many kids and we  went long periods between kids so we didn't want to sit outside all that time.
It just wasn't worth it so we had our own Halloween locked inside and we really enjoyed it!

Plus, this was the perfect excuse for me to finally see Hocus Pocus.  I have never seen the movie in its entirety.  I've caught the beginning, then the end, then parts of the middle.  But I've never seen the movie from start to finish.  I heard it's a Halloween classic so we opted for that.  I will admit, I think this is a movie you have to see when you're very little to appreciate it.  Seeing it for the first time at the age of almost 28, I didn't get the hype over it lol.  Don't hate me, but you have to recognize the horrible acting!  I didn't hate the movie but I was expecting the most spectacular Halloween movie ever!  Either way, I'm happy I've finally seen it and think I'll add it to your "Fall Bucket List" to watch each Halloween season.

Yadi and Vino were lucky this year because they didn't get costumes.  It was difficult to find something to fit Yadi because she's so tall and long.  Even XL's were too small.  And we weren't going to torture Vino if Yadi wasn't going to be tortured as well.  So we opted for Halloween bandanas they wore all week and snapped a few photos of the girls in their Halloween headbands.












post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment