Image Map

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pensacola Interstate Fair

I have been waiting for this for a verrry long time!!!!

Last year, we went to the Fair and had a blast.  Nick and I both LOVE amusement parks so it's obvious we'd love the Fair.  Not to mention, we're both unhealthy food junkies.  We love fried food.  And that's all the Fair has!!!

I had been counting down the days for the Fair like a small child.  We headed out yesterday evening, a chilly evening with friends.  I am so impressed with the rides they have.  Some are just as great as the ones you find at amusement parks such as Six Flags.  We rode a lot of the rides, laughed like small children, then ended the evening with some great fried food!!!!  I chose the corn dog, of course!!  It's one of my favorites!!!
I really wanted to try fried Oreos because I never have and have heard great things about them, but they were rather expensive for a basket of them.  I didn't want a basket of them in case I didn't like them.  So sadly I still have yet to try a fried Oreo =/
I also didn't get a funnel cake.  One reason, because I was stuffed from my corn dog but also because I like funnel cakes warm and I like to sit when I eat.  There was ZERO seating.  And it was pretty cold.  My warm funnel cake would have been so cold within one minute.

Regardless of my lack of fried food, we had a great time.  It's nice to get to do something out of the ordinary, especially here in Pensacola where there's NOTHING to do.  And we love getting to do things that make us feel young at heart.  It's also nice to know that at almost 28 years old, my body can still handle such unhealthy food and intense rides.  I should enjoy it now because I'm sure it won't last much longer.
(Although I did think that food didn't agree with me, but later learned it was just a cold I developed).
We didn't take many photos but here's a few...posts are automatically more exciting when there's pictures, right?



On a ride...with Rick and Heidi behind us!



If you're in or near Pensacola, you should head to the Fair (if you're into that kind of stuff).  It's a good time!!! We left at 1am and the Fair was still packed and going strong!!!!  Definitely go!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment