Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch and picked out our pumpkins.

A few days later Nick and I carved our pumpkins.  I decided to carve the Mizzou Tiger logo into my pumpkin and Nick decided to carve the Cardinal on a bat onto his pumpkin.  I don't have the patience to carve onto it like he did, so that's why I did the traditional carving into as I did.









Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of my pumpkin lit up.  Not even 48 hours after I carved my pumpkin, we kept smelling something AWFUL in our house but couldn't figure out what it was.  Nick finally realized it was my pumpkin, sitting on the kitchen table, and it was peeing all over.  It was sitting in a pool of yellow liquid and smelt so badly!!!  My pumpkin was also rotting at a crazy rate.  We decided we needed to throw it away =(  But before we threw it away, I wanted just one photo of it lit up.  That never happened because when I removed the top, it was filled with about 2 inches of that nasty liquid.  I was super sad.  Into a trash bag and into the trash can it went.  Pumpkin fail.  I'm not sure what happened because I've NEVER had a pumpkin do that.  Never pee some crazy yellow liquid.  Obviously they rot but not within less than 48 hours!  And Nick's was still 100% okay!

Oh well, at least we got the fun of carving them and I had a few pictures of it before this nasty episode.

Better luck next year, right?!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment