Image Map

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My 28th Birthday

Welp, I'm now 28 years old.

I was lucky enough to be home to celebrate with those that love me most (minus Nicholas who had to go back to Florida for a few days to work.)  Yesterday I went shopping with Grandma and this afternoon Mom and I went shopping.  I was able to score some pretty awesome deals on three pairs of flat boots (all the boots I have have heels), some sweaters, and some sweater dresses.  It was a successful day!  We also stopped by Dad's work to open my other gifts from them.  Mom got me two HUGE bottles of my favorite wine.  It's a Missouri wine which means I can't find it anywhere but around home.  It's St. James Winery and it's a sweet red called Velvet Red.  I have tried sooooo many sweet reds since moving away from home but nothing even comes close to this!

After shopping with Mom today, Yadi decided to give me her own birthday present.  When we got home, I let the girls out of their crates and took them outside to potty.  Yadi doesn't need to be a on leash because she doesn't stray far from me at all (never more than 10 yards, if that).  Vino, on the other hand, loves to explore too much, so she needs to be on a leash.  Mom had Sierra on a leash and we were walking around to the back of the house with the girls.  My parents house backs up to the woods and I was standing on the edge of the woods with Vino as Yadi went about 10 yards in.  All of a sudden, I see Yadi drop and begin rolling.  I immediately called her name knowing that dogs (although neither of mine have done this) like to roll on things that stink.  She jumps up and comes running towards us.  She's about 5 yards and we smell it and see her.  She is COVERED, I mean, entire right side of her head, in her ear, down her neck, a little on her side, in SHIT!  Horrible, horrible smelling, what we assume, is deer shit!!!  She's running up to us, all happy and excited.  I gave Vino to my mom and marched Yadi's butt in the house.  I'm still wearing my nice jeans and sweater from shopping (ones that I wanted to wear out again tonight for my birthday) so I tell her to "sit" and "stay".  She does as she's told.  As she's sitting in front of me, I start taking off my boots and jeans.  Then she starts to wipe at her face with her paw, thus rubbing deer crap all over her lower legs and paws!  I tell her to "leave it" and she listens, stares at me as if she's in trouble (which she is, but normally she doesn't ever care if she's in trouble.)  Then I take off my sweater.  Once I pull it over my head, I look down and Yadi is on the ground rubbing her face against the carpet!!!!!!!  OMG!  My reaction was to reach down and grab her to yank her up....thus getting shit all over my hand.  I drag her butt to the bathroom and she's fighting me.  I shut the door and go to find my mom, who is on the phone with my sister, still outside, laughing at my expense.  I asked her to come in and help me.  She comes in and gets me the dog shampoo and some gloves.  I can't really lift Yadi into the bathtub very easily because she's 90 pounds and hard core fighting me.  In my attempt to get her in there, I get her poop covered face all over my t-shirt.  She was finally in the bath and then it was easy.  Once she's in there, she's pretty good.  I managed to get all the poop off her.
Talk about a horrible birthday present!  Of course my husband thought it was oh so hilarious.  I was less than amused.  From then on, Yadi was not allowed around the back of the house.

Later that evening, we went out to eat with my mother, aunts, uncle, three cousins, and 4 of my friends.  Jessie bought me this awesome mask while she was in New Orleans a few weeks ago (need to incorporate this into my next Halloween costume) and the best gift ever....a $50 giftcard to Hobby Lobby!  That girl knows me too well =)  (As she should.  We lived together for 5 years!!)

At dinner they brought me a delicious dessert which I shared with my entire table because I was way too stuffed from dinner.

After dinner I said goodbye to my aunts, uncle, and two of my cousins.  Then my mom, cousin, friends and I headed next door to Bar Louie where we enjoyed some drinks and hanging out...until I puked in the bathroom and needed to go home.  (Puking was NOT from being drunk.  I had one beer with dinner and one beer at the bar.  I just hadn't been feeling well that whole day.)
Mom and Me

Julie, Jessie, me and Teeny.  Wish we would have taken a picture with Kelli and Susi before they left.


The day started out great, had a major bump with Yadi, then got much better when I was with my family and friends, and then ended horribly with being sick =(

Was it the most exciting birthday?  No, but I was happy to be home and loved being able to celebrate with my family and my bestest of friends.  You really can't get much better than that.  Plus, it's not like 28 is anything to be really excited about lol.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment