Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stocking Traditions Continue On...in Reverse

While I was home during the summer, I blogged about the stockings my Grandmother made all of us (her children, their spouses, and kids).   And how we decided to keep our stockings at home at Mom and Dad's.  But we still wanted them so we headed to Grandma's to make our own with her help.

My brother then came up with an awesome idea.  He suggested we make Grandma and Grandpa their own felt stockings.  We knew they'd absolutely love them, because they'd be so meaningful and heartfelt.  And obviously because it would bring up such amazing memories!

My brother is a fantastic artist so it took him no time at all to come with these designs for their stockings.

{I think Grandma's is so fitting because along with crafting with her when we were little, we also did LOTS of baking!}


Leah and I worked together on Grandma's stocking and Ben took care of Grandpa's.  We wanted to present them with the stockings well before Christmas so they could hang them up and actually enjoy them.
We decided to give them to them while we were home for Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately Leah wasn't able come home for Thanksgiving but she was a great sport about it.  She didn't mind that we gave them to our Grandparents without her, as long as she could be watching.  {Obviously she wished she could be here but understood it just wasn't possible.)

So during our family game day, we sat Grandpa and Grandma down and told them we had a gift for them.  Then we got Leah on FaceTime.  Mom made sure Leah could see while Ben and I presented the gifts to them.  (Sadly we didn't think to take a video or pictures and I so very much regret this.)

They LOVED them!!! Grandma even teared up a little.  They were so shocked that we did it and even more shocked that Ben made up the design 100% on his own.

I can't wait to go to their house over Christmas and see where they decided to hang them.  I will update with that photo after we get back from the Christmas holidays.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment